Saw the review of this hotel on some travel portal and decided to go ahead and book this hotel for my trip to Zhongdian.
They are rather prompt in answering your questions and were very helpful in advising where to go in Zhongdian. Taking their advise, I booked 4 nights in with them.
The total package cost RMB4800 which includes the following:
- Pickup from Lijiang
- Sightseeing at Tiger Leaping Gorge / 虎跳峡 and Bai Shui Tai / 白水台
- Transportation to the various attractions during my stay in Zhongdian
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- Inclusive of breakfast
- Transfer to Zhongdian airport
- Period of stay: In 07 November, Out 11 November
Its rather reasonable and the driver cum guide, 阿紅 was very polite and careful with his driving. They got a Mitsubishi 4-wheel drive to pick me up from Lijiang.
The hotel is next to the famous Songzanlin Monastery / 松赞林寺, with the traditional setting. The hotel room is very nice and cosy BUT the room might be rather small for some. The hotel don't provide any toiletries as a way to promote "Save the Earth" BUT you may request for them should you need it. As I brought my own toiletries, so its okay for me.
I understand from my driver cum guide that the owners have bought a land behind the Songzanlin Monastery / 松赞林寺 and the new hotel wing [which has villas] will be ready by March 2008. He brought me to the back of the temple and I got to see the new hotel wing and its very big.
Food wise, its okay and I like their Tibetan steamboat, lamb and their pasta. Their Chinese dishes were a bit disappointing though as its rather bland but is quite unusual as food in China is usually very oily and salty.
I will definitely stay at the same hotel when I go back to Zhongdian again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Songtsam Lodge at Shangri-la (Songtsam Lvgu Hotel) is the flagship lodge of Songtsam Lodges - a series of luxury boutique lodges built in pristine and beautiful locations in Yunnan.Songtsam Shangri-la (3,280m) is situated right next to the Songzanlin Monastery, the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan province. The lodge is housed in a traditional Tibetan dwelling within this typical, self-sufficient Tibetan farming village where the founder of Songtsam, Baima Dorjie, spent his childhood. Songtsam Shangro-la has hosted thousands of intrepid travelers from all over the world in the past 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Songtsam Shangri-la (Lugu) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Songtsam Hotel Shangri La County
- Songtsam Shangri-La (Lugu) Hotel Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan