“Bit of a disappointment”

Ristorante Pizzeria da Mario
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Orosei
Price range: US$18 - US$49
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2013

After reading the reviews on TA I had higher expectations for this restaurant but it was a bit of a let down. Service was fast but inexpirienced, there is only one real hostess for the dishes and bills although they have 4 in the staff.
The dishes were expensive for the size and most importantly, the quality of the food. We ordered tuna (not fancy at all, you would expect some kind of sauce,it's ok, tuna is dry but you can play a bit with it) and then the two special sardinian pasta's, one with fish and the other with meat. As I said previously, skip the pasta and second courses.
Finally we also ordered a vegetarian pizza, I would say it was the only thing that paid off after all. So if you go because it's close to your hotel, just order pizza, it's cheaper and better.
Oh , and please, If I'm going to a restaurant you would expect me to sit down and eat, I'm paying for your food no need to charge me for service. I really hate that lame excuse to charge you extra.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Best restaurant in Orosei in terms of food, service and location. We have tried almost everyting on the menu (pizza, fish, local cheese and deserts) during 5 consecutive days for lunch and it was flawless. Had a great time and our only regret is that they don' have a franchise in Olbia. Restaurants here could learn a thing or two about good food.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

So glad we found this little gem, we went there twice which we have never done before! The restaurant is beautifully decorated with lots of character and little finishing touches which really provide a lovely warm atmosphere. Great choice for casual or special occasions!

The staff are really friendly and it seems to be family run which is nice. The menu is great, offering food ranging from multiple course traditional Sardinian meal including roasted pig to pizzas and pasta.

The first night I had the seafood pizza and my boyfriend had the seafood pasta. Both were delicious and contained a really impressive amount of seafood particularly for the price. The second night by boyfriend went for the seafood pizza as he was so impressed by mine and I had pizza with bresaola, rocket salad and parmesan which I really enjoyed! On the second night the waitress gave us 2 small homemade sardinian pastries for us to try as we were too full for dessert, which we thought was very sweet of her.

Would go back again and again if we would be in the area. Loved it!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

As others have said, this place was always busy which is usually a good sign. It was helpful for us to have english translations of the menu. Food was excellent and good size portions. The staff were helpful and efficient, although we were amazed there were only two of them running around in the front of the restaurant. We found it helped to go a little earlier to eat before it got too full and manic.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We went based on recommendations on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. We had the baby squid as a starter followed by the sardinian pasta dish and tuna. All were delicious and very reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly. Would certainly recommend!