Overall, Capofaro is beautiful. The setting is spectacular and we had an enjoyable stay but there were a couple of things that grated, certainly for a 5 star hotel. The main one for me was the bed which was arguably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in! The mattress was super firm (we had to request blankets on top to try and make it more comfortable) and this meant that I didn't feel especially rested after our visit. Admittedly I was 7 months pregnant at the time which wouldn't have helped but have never been woken up hourly before by a bed being so firm. Another niggle was the music by the pool. It was the same CD on a loop for the whole 4 days we were there, round and round..... As the pool was right by the bar and restaurant I can see they were trying to add to some sort of 'Ibiza chill-out vibe' but it was so much nicer by the pool whenever the music went off. The food in the restaurant was largely very good though the staff had been chosen according to youth and good looks and not language skills so we had some well-intentioned but occasionally clumsy service, though the reception team were fabulous. Finally, the rooms are very minimalist, clean, island-living, white and quite glamorous but lack privacy if you want to sit outside as there is a very thin bamboo screen separating your outside space from next doors and you can clearly here their conversation when in the shower as our bathroom window opened to their outside space. Having said all that we had a nice stay but, mainly because of the horrid beds, I don't think we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capofaro is a refuge, an oasis, inspired by love for beauty, expressed by the owners the Tasca d’Almerita family. The classic Eolian style whitewashed buildings, adorned with bougainvillea flowers and the fresh water swimming pool stand among six hectares of Malvasia vineyards; which produce both dry and sweet wines. Before guests the horizon stretches out, broken only by the silhouettes of the volcanic islands of Stromboli and Panarea in turquoise sea. The twenty-seven rooms all have a private terrace with either a sea or garden view. They are divided into five types – standard, superior, junior suite, exclusive suite and imperial suite. From 2018 six rooms with their own garden will occupy the hotel's lighthouse which overlooks the Capofaro cliff and the splendour of the Aeolian sea, with the twin mountains of Salina behind it. The chef at Capofaro leads guests on a sun-drenched gastronomic journey, infused with the salty and sweet flavours of the produce grown in the property's ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Capofaro Malvasia & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capofaro Malvasia Hotel Malfa
- Capofaro Malvasia And Resort
- Capofaro Malvasia & Resort Isola Di Salina, Italy - Sicily