We stayed for two nights on our trip to a few islands in the Aeolian archipelago.
The setting is really pretty with a great vineyard feel. The lighthouse, the pool, the different bungalows surrounded by prickly pears and Bougainvillea.
The two things that made us happiest though were the restaurant and the service of all staff in the resort. Young , energetic, caring, kind guys and girls that not only seemed well-trained but also caring about their customers.
The food at the restaurant was also quite good, even if breakfast needs slight improvements on variety and cooked eggs options.
It's a place that we would definitely recommend, especially now that prices seemed to come down a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capofaro is a refuge, an oasis, inspired by love for beauty, expressed by the owners the Tasca d’Almerita family. The classic Eolian style whitewashed buildings, adorned with bougainvillea flowers and the fresh water swimming pool stand among six hectares of Malvasia vineyards; which produce both dry and sweet wines. Before guests the horizon stretches out, broken only by the silhouettes of the volcanic islands of Stromboli and Panarea in turquoise sea. The twenty-seven rooms all have a private terrace with either a sea or garden view. They are divided into five types – standard, superior, junior suite, exclusive suite and imperial suite. From 2018 six rooms with their own garden will occupy the hotel's lighthouse which overlooks the Capofaro cliff and the splendour of the Aeolian sea, with the twin mountains of Salina behind it. The chef at Capofaro leads guests on a sun-drenched gastronomic journey, infused with the salty and sweet flavours of the produce grown in the property's ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Capofaro Malvasia & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capofaro Malvasia And Resort
- Capofaro Malvasia Hotel Malfa
- Capofaro Malvasia & Resort Isola Di Salina, Italy - Sicily