“Loved the food, the wine and the service was amazing!”

Ristorante L'Antica Scuderia
Reserve with
Ristorante L'Antica Scuderia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$36 - US$54
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

During my nine day stay at the lovely Torre di Badia Bed & Breakfast in Tuscany, I enjoyed several visits to this wonderful restaurant. One of my favorite memories will always be the afternoon I spent taking refuge from the rainstorm here. Although I only intended to have a glass of wine and read my book, the servers were so gracious and I stayed so long, I just had to order more. I loved it when the server brought out a big basket of fresh "porcini" mushrooms telling us that today's risotto featured these local delights. Not only was the risotta "to die for", it was delivered by my favorite singing server!.In addition to the great food and wine, the ambiance is amazing both inside and out on the patio where you overlook vineyards as far as you can see! If you are anywhere close, I suggest you plan to stop for lunch or dinner!

There are newer reviews for Ristorante L'Antica Scuderia

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The small hamlet dominated by the church and historic buildings boasts several restaurants including Scuderia. A warm welcome and excellent menu and wine list made this a great impromptu stop for lunch. The tagliolini with truffle was excellent and our neighbours Florentine steak had us salivating!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent one week at a nearby luxury hotel/resort and we chose this restaurant (10 min drive away) for a family cooking class instead of the rather formal class offered by the hotel. Wow. This was a highlight of our trip. 4 adults and 4 kids had a private class introducing us to cooking fresh pasta. We all loved it and the lunch that followed where we dined on the food we prepared.

We returned a few nights later for adult dinner and the atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, and simply incredibly food made this my favorite restaurant in Tuscany. Outdoor tables with vineyard views. Extensive wine list, but still reasonable. The freshest tomatoes! You will cry when you taste the bruschetta. The sweetest melon. Beef with truffles.I simply cannot explain it. You must go here.

Thank you again to the staff for a memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The setting , the staff , the room , the food , and the feeling of being in Chianti , THIS IS IT !!!!
No where better , for lunch or dinner in Italy. If you were going to have one meal this is the one. If you like local delicate flavours of burrata , black or white truffles you can't get better. The owner Stefano will make sure you have the best experience. The only problem you will have is choosing what to eat. As you scan the menu , you want it all .... Pizza with black truffles , burrata with truffles are great appetizers. Bistek Florentine with eggs and truffles on top is over the top , total extassy !
The view overlooking the valley just makes this place serene.
A MUST , even worth a huge detour .....

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Over the past 2 years that I lived in the area I have tried, without exageration over a 100 restaurants. Non comes close to Scuderia, where they are always nice, food is always fresh and great, pizza is 2nd best I ever eaten. it is the only restaurant where i can send anyone, anytime. the most demanding client or guest. They have my respect and gratitude for being the exception in Tuscan food, which on average is poor. I have been maybe 30 times in the past 18 months, always happy, not cheap but correct pricing.