“Fantastic Hot Air Balloon Trip in Tuscany”

Idea Balloon Mongolfiere inToscana
More attraction details
Owner description: From here, you will fly over the legendary Chianti landscape with its hilltop towns, castles, valleys, famous vineyards, and mixed woodlands. A powerful landscape, one of the most civilised rural scenes on earth, cultivated tranquility of olives, vines, and corn. The olives' silver and the many variegated shades of green appear as a veil over elemental majesty and silence. On clear days in the distance you can see Florence to the North and the Apennine mountain range in the background; to the West you can see the Elsa valley, San Gimignano, Certaldo, and Volterra and the sea in the far distance; to the South, Poggibonsi, Colle Val d'Elsa and Siena and Monte Amiata in the distance; to the East the higher Monti del Chianti and mixed oak woodlands.all in a hot air balloon with safety and courtesy, we are a certified company from ENAC (Civil Aviation Auth.)
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Fantastic Hot Air Balloon Trip in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife an I spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Tuscany and the Hot Balloon Flight was the highlight of the week. The owners of Idea Balloon were fantastic. The flight was wonderful. They arranged the perfect day for our trip to have the best weather and experience. They provided a wonderful champagne breakfast at the end of the flight. They involved us in the entire flight to truly experience hot air ballooning. I highly recommend Idea Ballooning to make your trip to Tuscany a once in a lifetime experience. This was the ultimate authentic Italian experience.
Thank you to Stefano our Pilot and everyone at Idea Ballooning.

Visited October 2012
flyitaly, Proprietario at Idea Balloon Mongolfiere inToscana, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Hello, thank you very much you will be always the welcome
regards from all of us
all the best for yuo both

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I went ballooning on 21 Sept over the beautiful Tuscan countryside with the incredibly passionate Italian, Stefano. This guy is a very experienced reliable pilot (speaks good english)who keeps his equipment in top condition. I had a wonderful time including a lovely breakfast (complete with Prosecco) at his beautiful traditional house.
Beware of cheaper alternatives that some of Stefano's ex trainees offer. Stefano offers the complete package from start to finish.

Saint Jerome, Canada
“Wonderful ride in the air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

On august 25 we got up early to fly with Stefano over the extraordinary landscapes of the Chianti region; Stefano offered us a smooth ride up to 2900 feet with a featherlike landing. Then we ate at Stefano and Gianna's house and had a good time discussing about everything and nothing. A sensational day, our best of a 14 day vacation. Everybody should go hotair balloonning once in their life and if so with Stefano. Thanks for your exceptional hospitality ( please pet the dogs for us ! )

Jacinthe et Jean

St-Jérôme, Québec, Canada

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Vacation in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

This experience was well worth the money we spent on it, and I'm very happy that we got the opportunity to do it. Stephano and Gianna were the perfect example of the warm friendly Italians we'd come to expect during our Tuscan vacation and their company made it an even more enjoyable experience. I'm a Licensed Pilot myself, and from that perspective, I can say with confidence that this is a very compitent and professional operation.

The only thing I would say is that the meeting point at the end of their road is somewhat difficult to find. Make sure you use the GPS Coordinates (N43*33.885’ E011*11.940’) to get there. Also, it would be highly advised to drive it the day before, and familiarize yourself with how to get there, BEFORE you have to be there at 6:30AM. Believe me, you'll save yourself a ton of stress by doing that. Navigating anywhere in the Italian Countryside (even with a GPS) is a challenge at the best of times. Having the exact coordinates is everything.

That aside, a this is a must do, "Bucket List" kind of experience, that you will not regret. It really was a special day for us. Thank you Stephano and Gianna. Meeting you made it even better.

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Ballooning in Tuscany - Surreal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I just returned from a lovely 9 days in Italy with 7 of them spent taking in the scenery and experiencing all we could in the Chianti/Tuscany region. One of the biggest highlights was this ballooning! I have a fear of heights and my husband couldn't believe I suggested this! Stefano and Gianna are fabulous, gracious and warm people who made us feel very welcome inviting us to their homes after our first attempt was cancelled due to some fog. sat around their kitchen table with their 6 dogs (Loved Brownie!!) and chatted while sipping coffee. We didn't give up on the weather and went on the Wednesday morning instead. It was incredible to float up in the air as the sun was rising over the misty hills. Our pilot/captain Antonio was very friendly, knowledgeable and competent. At no point did I feel afraid or anything less than in wonderment of it all. Flying as high as 1500 feet (really are at the mercy of any winds) and at some points felt we could reach out and touch the tree tops! All the while chasing our other balloon members ahead of us taking turns one up, one down. We had a bit of a bumpy landing, but nothing serious and nothing due to pilot error...just the nature of the "sport". No worse for wear and makes the story even more exciting. :-) Breakfast at Stefano and Gianno's home afterword left us feeling like we had made a great decision in going, met some new friends and we have a lasting memory. It is NOT every day after all that you can say you've gone ballooning over lovely Tuscany! Highly recommend it!!