“Made my first time trip to Italy even better.”
Review of Albergo Vittoria

Albergo Vittoria
Albergo Vittoria
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Made my first time trip to Italy even better.”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted by Katia! Very friendly and chatty. Nothing was too much for her. Instantly felt welcome. More like a home than a Hotel. The location was fantastic for looking out of a morning onto the street below and waking up with the local culture. Rooms were clean and comfortable and are all air conditioned which you will need if going any time in summer months!! Trust me! Every morning Katia and her team had breakfast ready to eat when I came down. I had friends staying just over 2km away at San Filippo and the walk up was fantastic taking in the Tuscan landscape. It's a perfect location to get to Lucca, Florance and Sienna as well as other little towns such as Monteriggioni and San Gimignano. Katia recomended alot of places to see and gave insight of best times to go etc. The food was wonderful and tasted perfect at the restaurant joined to the hotel. As good as the food is at the Hotel I would recommend eating at a little restaurant called Vecchia Piazzia which is just down from the hotel opposite the small square. (Turn left out of the Hotel). All in all a very pleasant trip. Thanks for a great trip Katia! Will visit again if i return to Italy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Tom D

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay with Katia very much!!! We ate a number of meals at the restaurant & the food was fantastic. We also got an impromptu car ride through the countryside, a wine tasting, & a visit to a cheese farm. Katia went out of her way to make sure we thoroughly enjoyed her small town. She even sold us an emergency bottle of wine during a card game! If you are daring have her select your meal for you! Lots of fun my darlings! haha Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is a hotel which gives more then excellent value for money! Katia and her staff take care of you as if you were family. The food and breakfast are excellent, the rooms have everything you need. This is a hotel for people who want to discover the real tuscan hospitality! Qua, si mangia tutto! Grazie le ragazze! Annie e Julie dal Belgio

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anniegeldof
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 June 2011

A little bit of old-fashioned service can go a long way in making a nightmare journey become more enjoyable, and the staff at Albergo Vittoria are good at providing it. After experiencing yet another delayed Alitalia flight to Rome, which then saw me put on a late standby for the last flight to Florence (a journey my baggage did not participate in), and exhausting all public transport options, I arrived bedraggled at the Albergo Vittoria at 2am in the morning. The hotel owner, Katia, was most understanding in letting me in at what was a slightly unfashionable hour. Admittedly, I had a few calming drinks with friends between Florence airport and the hotel to soften the blow of my lost baggage and the nightmare 12 hour journey.
The next morning, after a lovely light breakfast, Katia was very helpful, telling me where I could get basic toiletries, socks and the like—even lending me a shirt to wear to my friend's wedding. Indeed, I went to a wedding not even owning the shirt on my own back. She also joined in the frustrating mission of trying to reunite me and my bags from Alitalia, which was a complex affair as anyone dealing with Alitalia can tell you.
Overall, the friendly staff made the visit a lot better than it could have been, and I regret not having the time to have a meal at the restaurant downstairs as the food looked and smelt quite good. For the price, the quality and service I experienced at the hotel were great. The only thing I could have asked for was a fridge to store cool drinks in my room. Thanks for all your help...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JazzIstanbul_Turkey
Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Katia is a wonderfull entertaining women to all guests in the restaurant. She also speaks different languages very well.
Once we discovered this restaurant we decided to eat there every evening and I would recommend this restaurant to everybody.
Last but not least, the food is excellent and a enormous choice of different dishes.

Rudolpho