We stayed a couple of weeks ago for 7 nights on half board, as part of the scenic car tour.
We really enjoyed our week, and it was nice to have fellow companions each evening to share dinner and the days adventures with.
The hotel is very nice, and the food and wine exceeded our expectations, even eating in the same restaurant for 7 nights in a row. The pool area is beautiful, and the views spectacular across the valley. As many others, we had a problem with the bed being too hard, and we didn't sleep well at all. Also, wifi is available in reception, but not in many of the bedrooms, so we had to change rooms as we needed to work during the week.
Clearly this is a regular wedding spot, and there was a wedding on Saturday and Sunday during our stay. This didn't particularly bother us, but during the week it is much quieter and more relaxed.
Things worth knowing. You can walk into the village from the hotel. There's a pavement and it takes about 10 minutes. From the village you can take the bus to Florence. I think its suppose to take 45 minutes, but it took a lot longer due to roadworks and traffic, but at least you don't have to park. There is a bus to Sienna as well, but you have to change and we thought that was too risky. The bus times are usually one an hour and are displayed in the hotel.
Trying to park in some of the more popular towns is a nightmare. Go early.
If you want to visit a nice winery fairly nearby, go for Casa Emma. It was 10/15 minute drive from the hotel. The location and wine was very nice and they will provide lunch if you book.
If you're going with the scenic car tour, beware if you have a low profile car. We grounded twice in the hotel car park. Likewise, if you're precious about your car, take out the additional insurance for the motorail. All of our alloys were damaged getting on and off the train.
Overall, we had a great experience doing something new to us, and it was very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55 units (double rooms/Junior suites) with bath, telephone, TV satellite, safe, frigo-bar, conditioned air, Internet, american bar, restaurant, hall for conferences from 10 to 100 persons fitness and sauna, parking, swimming pool, idromassaggio Jacuzzi type. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Borgo Di Cortefreda Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Di Cortefreda Relais Hotel
- Hotel Borgo Di Cortefreda Relais Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany