This is probably my favorite hotel of all-time. We stayed here for three nights on our honeymoon, but if we'd known how much we would enjoy it, we would have stayed longer. Our room was upgraded to a loft suite, and it was outstanding, large with very nice furnishings and without a doubt my favorite hotel shower of all time. Management left us a complementary bottle of champagne and a picture frame as a wedding gift, which we thought was very nice.
The grounds and view from the hotel are...gorgeous. The views of the countryside are amazing. The pool is amazingly relaxing and we very much enjoyed the accompanying bar.
We went to the spa for a couples massage and to used the facilities. The staff there were very talented and it was extremely relaxing.
Finally, the staff of the hotel were professional and extremely accommodating, very helpful with our various requests.
Our only slight qualm with this place is that there's no where on the grounds to just have a relaxing meal that won't cost a few euros, and the staff were a little slow to recommend such places. The restaurants on sight, however, were elegant and the food was outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASTELLO DEL NERO HOTEL & SPA - Tuscany, Chianti Castello del Nero a XII century castle, now a 5 star luxury hotel member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is located in the heart of Tuscany. 20 minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring the Chianti Wine Region. Original frescoes, vaulted ceilings and fireplaces are located in common areas and guest rooms alike, exuding the charm and history of the noble estate it was. The 50 rooms and suites are unique and painstakingly restored, furbished with elegance and completed with state of the art technology. The hotel main restaurant La Torre (1 Michelin Star) offers a unique gourmet experience where guests are pampered by attentive and discreet service while savouring the signature dishes of our Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. At La Taverna restaurant guests can enjoy typical Tuscan flavours and during summer lunches by the Pool. The Bar located inside the castle is a cosy venue where guests may sip on one of our many reserve cognacs, grappa and whiskies. The unique wine cellar is housed in the castle's oldest part and it is the perfect location for wine tastings. The SPA branded ESPA is over 1000 square metres and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation area and the Fitness Suite with the most modern and sophisticated equipment. The outdoor heated Swimming pool boasts a magnificent view of the valley and lakes below. Two Tennis courts, illuminated for night play, are available. Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany