“Why not 1 star restaurant ?”
Review of Koine Restaurant

Koine Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 219 Restaurants in Legnano
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I had dinner with my family on Sunday evening we got outstanding and very nice food we choose the seafood with around seven or eight course all delicious and very special pairings the chef Alberto is very much enthusiast explaining you all his best experiences and the staff is very professional. I will come back as soon it will be one star restaurant!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

... Abd this absolut stunning restaurant is not shy one thing...

I know fois gras is not everybodys fav, but this one... DELICIOUS...

I want to stress one more time, go for the 10 or 8 courses...

3  Thank BMDNYC
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for the World Dog Show On the first evening, just because our Hitel was close by..

After the amouse bouche it was clear, this is a hidden tresure...

The menu degustatinie for 54 Euros 8 courses, one better than the other...

Fresh, tasty and light... All in slow food technices prepared...

For me the find of 2015 ( so far )

1  Thank BMDNYC
Reviewed 31 May 2015

We discovered this treasure only because we were staying in the hotel in the same building. It was a surprise past all belief.

The owner made an elaborate verbal painting of every dish. We both choose an antipasto and a secundo. As we planned to share, the maitre suggested to serve us four half portions so we could fully enjoy the flavours of every dish. A very wise suggestion. (And those halfs weren’t tiny at all!) Every dish was a joy, a true gastronomic delight. Difficult to choose a favourite, but if I have to, I’d give the baccala composition and the slow cooked patta negra a shared first. Our compliments to the chef, this kitchen deserves a star.

As for the price, that was a nice surprise too. This whole feast – aperitive, amuses, starters, main dishes, wine, beer, coffee with sweets and digestive – cost us 55 euro pp.

We’ll be back! Soon!

3  Thank Anna V
Reviewed 29 April 2015

It is not the first time I dine at the Koinè restaurant and every time my experience here is simply unique.

I really appreciate the work of research behind every meal and the high quality of the customer service provided by the staff of the restaurant. I guess these are the successfull keys of this place which is able to guarantee a unique food experience to whom pass through the nicely decorated gate outside the restaurant, in the beautiful location of the the city centre of Legnano.

The menù offers a variety of dishes from every corner of Italy. Each one recall a history of taste through the ingredients used in the recipe. The name of the meals too recalls something and the chefs as well as the staff are always ready to explain you how and why they have chosen that meal for the menù of that day. This let you understand the attention to detail from the people who work in the restaurant. The most delighful meal in my opinion is the "Trout with leek and hazelnut" and I strongly recommend it. Furthmore, ask the member of staff to tell you about the origin of the name Koinè, you will be mesmerised by the many meanings this name can have.

I suggest you the menù with 8 courses to taste (price 54€). You will be led by chef Alberto and the owner Davide through an incredible food experience with 8 meals rich of taste, stories and researched ingredients. At the end of the menù you cannot miss the desserts, freshly prepared by chef Alberto who use all his experience and creativity to guarantee to the guest the right closure to the meal. If you fancy wine or spirits, go with Davide to the cellar, in the basement of the restaurant. The selection is excellent from all the corners of Italy and Davide himself can give you the right heads up for the choice of the wine.

If you are in Legnano as a tourist, bear in mind the option of the Bed & Breakfast that the Koinè offers, so you could sleep as well as the dinner you had and in morning tasting a freshly prepared breakfast.

2  Thank digio87