“Over the top!”

Ulriksdals Vardshus
Ranked #4 of 174 Restaurants in Solna
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautifully located at Edsviken you will find the inn with a unique setting serving typical swedish food with a modern twist.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We arrived 10 minutes after 8, (half an hour late) due to a taxidriver who couldn't find the place. We were told that the kitchen closes at 8, and thet had to check if we could be served! Well, the kitchen was willing to make an exception for us. Openingtimes on the website till 22:00 hrs. Interesting welcome! The food was good, but very, very, overprised. Simply not worth the trip. Nicer and better restaurants in Djurgarden!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

My wife and I chose the place after finding it nearby in both TripAdvisor and Michelin Guide. In the middle of a park, the restaurant features a nice view and the building is precious in itself. A la carte was interesting, as were the set menus and wine list. We and our youngest kid ate very well. My wife had garden salad with asparagus cooked to perfection and also very well prepared pike perch. I had an excellent toast skagen and halibut which could have been a tiny bit less cooked, but it was still very good. Local Swedish cheese were fantastic.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We was here with our colleges at work, almost 25 people. The food was very good, nice served and the staff friendly. The view is good and the atmosphere too. I like the meet and the dessert was high class. recommend for work dinner or business dinner but maybe not for couples.

1  Thank LittleALJO
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We were treated to this restaurant by parents celebrating a 50th wedding day. All of us choose the weekend buffet except my wife that went for the entrecote from the menu. I was a bit disapointed of the buffé which I thought was a bit bland. I definetly expected more for the money. My wife was very happy with her Entrecote though. Service was good and location is very nice.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

It has become a yearly tradition to have our christmas dinner here (the swedish julbord). I have yet to find a restaurant that does a better job.

Recently we also tried their regular menu and it was a great experience with good quality food and wines. The service was as always at a high level.

The restaurant is located in the garden of a castle, next to a lake. It takes some time to get there (about 20-25 mins from downtown Stockholm, easily reachable by public transport though) but it is worth the trip!

1  Thank Tom S