Radisson Blu Royal Park Hotel, Stockholm
US$79
US$149
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshaga parkoverlooking the lakeabba museumcity centrespa servicesnice hotelleisure facilitieslast stopnice lakeshort drivemain restaurantbus runsomelette chefbreakfast buffetquiet locationhotel is locatedfixed price
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Good conference facility,in a lovely setting on a lake outside what I would consider the city center of Stockholm. Rooms are average, rather utilitarian, beds were comfortable, bathrooms dated. Breakfast was a very large buffet, and we had a very good meal at their restaurant one evening. It was very simple to take the bus from the front of the hotel to the train into the city - took a total of approx. 30 minutes or so. There was a delicious pizza place the 1st or 2nd stop from the hotel. Enjoyed walking around the lake - really picturesque and peaceful setting.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

From the pictures on the internet this Hotel looked wonderful, I am afraid not the case when you enter.

I had booked and prepaid for a deluxe double room on my arrival in the room I found a room with small twin beds and a very dated interior. I called reception and they told me it was was my fault that I booked in late (10.00pm) and therefore there were no double rooms left. I objected that I had paid for a double room, their reply was you can upgrade to a suite for an extra 500SK (£50), this is not how you treat a customer that you are unable to supply what they had already paid for in advance.

I will not be returning to this hotel and would advise others to choose somewhere a little more customer friendly

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MPMHale
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed here two weekends in a row. The first time, we had a room with a sulfuric drainage smell (7th floor) and it was like a garret (2 tiny windows that you had to bend down under an eave to open. Due to our problems with the room, we received a room with a terrace on the other side of the 7th floor and this one was really nice, with a view of the lake. Ask for a lake view room. The hotel is a good value. There is an underground garage, a spa (which we never had a chance to use) and is located right in Haga Park. The garage fee is very reasonable for Stockholm. However, this area not have a tunelbana station; there is a one in Kristineberg, but that requires a bus ride. We were on a road trip, so we had to deal with the car. If you don't need a car, then not sure this is the hotel for you. With a car, it is a short ride within Stockholm to get anywhere from here. The hotel is close the the E4. Parking in Stockholm city is exorbitant.

Room Tip: The free wifi is a total pain in the neck. Each device requires a complicated user name and password, which has to be redone every time the phone or device automatically shuts down. Auto Login did not work. Also - and this is commonplace throughout Scandinavian hotels, "free wifi" is very limited in terms of mb or kb. It is really a come-on from the provider to sign up for a paying plan.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is in the middle of a park, in a very silent and peaceful environment. The rooms are very good, if possible get one on the seventh floor with view on the park. Very good breakfast. Rooms clean and cozy. Bus connections to the centre right in front of the hotel. The underground parking should be checked with the reception on working days, many stalls are assigned. All in all also a nice location for business if you are not in a hurry to reach the city centre.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at the Royal Park on a business trip to Stockholm. It is situated in some great parkland by a lake. The hotel is clean and functional. Some rooms are better than others, as they have been recently refurbished. Rooms are spacious but with no air conditioning.
The Hotel is a little 'soul less' but the service is quick and courteous. During my stay the bar / restaurant was busy but lacked atmosphere.
If I was visiting Stockholm for pleasure I would look at other hotels in the heart of the city. As a business traveller the Royal Park suited my needs. It is about 15 min taxi from the centre of Stockholm.

Room Tip: ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business