“Poor Experience Overall”

Radisson Blu Royal Park Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Solna
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Some Radisson Blu hotels are very good (see my review on the one in Uppsala) but I did not enjoy my stay here.

Some good aspects without question - it's a lovely old building and is lavishly presented. We ate in the restaurant and the food was first class - very very good indeed and served quickly given how busy the restaurant was (the location near the business district means that many people do eat there).

What I did not enjoy and the reason for only three stars were threefold:

1. Overall the staff were disinterested and grudgingly helpful. I was not offered wi-fi access on arrival (man in suit staying in business district probably needs wi-fi access?). What is it about wi-fi that makes some hotels think they are giving you the crown jewels? I got my "pass" which was ridiculously complicated but did work eventually.

2. The room was OK, but very warm indeed - too warm for comfortable sleep. I asked about this but was told there was no individual room temperature control available. Cue a very restless night.

3. Other aspects of the room were very poor - terrible pillows (had to use chair cushions) and water all over the floor from the waste system every time i used the sink

If I think about it too much I will remove another star. So for me not up to standard for a relatively expensive hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms similar, some too hot

Reviewed 2 April 2014

As I have mention before. Needs to be renovated. The rooms are old and not worth the price. Breakfast was ok. I didn´t use the spa but it looked very nice. I will not recommend to pay this high cost for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you search for luxury, this is the hotel for you. And so nice jogging area in the great park just outside the door. But the impact on environment is sadly big, with white linen napkins and table cloth, I had to ask for a simple unbleached paper napkin in order to eat without bad consience.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Beutiful area, but the hotel staff managed to make us feel like an annoyance and that we should be sorry that we bothered them. This was not what we were expecting when comming here for a leisurly stay with the family. Also the event they hosted at the same time was having a party to such a level that we felt the bass in our room on the 7th floor... But worst of all the uninterest in customer care from the staff - really sad since the area is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel has great food, great rooms, good fitness center and an excellent location close to the city, yet nice and quiet without disturbing traffic during the night. Our conference here with a group around 100 people was a success and I do hope we will come back again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had a meeting outside Stockholm in the central parts of Sweden, together with one of my colleagues. The meeting started early next morning so I decided to come the evening before. Arrived at 23.00, I could immetiately check in and I also checked out at the same time. Had a fast shower and went to sleeb after I had checked that my iPhone was changing time zone to Central European Time. Wake up had a very good breakfast at and then went up to the room. And I got a little bit late so I appreciated that I had already checked out. Just to say a good morning to the reception and leave my card there. So I did not actually had much time to penetrate further into all the spa's and wine room. Neither doing any exercise outside, which I really prefer in good surroundings. Just a quick stay over night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is an average hotel outside Stockholm city. The rooms are quite big, but the space is not utilized correctly. Toilets have a weird smell. There are cupboards at awkward angles.
Breakfast is good, but the dinner at the hotel restaurant is just average.
The location is quite serene, outside of the city. But if you are traveling on business, it may not be the most ideal.
There is a bus stand right outside the hotel gate.
The swimming pool is inside the hotel - but its not very warm. Swimsuits are available on rent etc.
The property is quite beautiful, and they can do much more with it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solna
The Winery Hotel
Vasastan
Elite Palace Hotel Stockholm
Elite Palace Hotel Stockholm
#42 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Park Hotel, Stockholm? Share your experiences!