“Not too bad, fine for business”

Park Inn by Radisson Solna
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Solna
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Having spent two days in Stockholm, Solna is pretty boring. The hotel is situated inside a mall which is nice to walk around a bit, but that's about all there is. Am here for business, so a clean room and a good bed is what I am mostly after. Bed is good and the room is roomy but nothing special. The wine bar downstairs is ok, but very expensive (most alcoholic beverages in Sweden are ridiculously expensive). Breakfast is much better than what the rest of the hotel represents, so that is a plus. I would try a different hotel next time, but wouldn't mind coming back.

Stayed: March 2014
Radisson Blu Up... H, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Solna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear NickfromHolland,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your bed and our breakfast. We have an ongoing refurbishment plan and we are pleased to have the opportunity to improve our facilities, next out are our restaurant and terrace and the new gym on the 14th floor with city views, next to the sauna. We are looking forward to welcome you back again when you are in the area and we recommend to rent a bicycle from the hotel and enjoy a ride through Solna and Stockholm to explore the surroundings.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If I was a mall rat I believe that the ParkInn Solna would be as close to heaven as one would get in Sweden.
The hotel is literary in the Mall, not next to it or close, in the Mall.
That location is a blessing and a curse in my opinion, because I’m no mall rat.
To get to the lobby you have to go through half the Mall, after closing hoers that puts it in a strange place.
Also, should you want to go outside for a bit of fresh air (or a smoke if you’re hooked on that) it’s again a walk.
I arrived late in the evening and then finding the hotel entrance was a bit tricky, especially since the address was at the back of the building with no access to the lobby.
The garage too was located somewhat off and poorly signed, having to drive into the shopping street felt strange. But the price for a underground garage was very moderate.
From there it was elevator straight into the lobby, well done.
Staff was very friendly and social to an extent I’d call above and beyond for Sweden, they made me feel welcome as well as eager to assist in any question I had.
On this stay I also had the chance to experience the hotels conference part, this was very good. Not too industrialized but versatile and modern. It had all you need from free internet to coffee and projectors for the computer, whiteboards, flip charts, cookies, fruit, you name it.
The restaurant too was good, both lunch and breakfast held a high standard with good fresh assortments.
Then the rooms, now don’t get me wrong I slept well, but the truth is I’m hard pressed to remember it.
The room was everything you’d expect from a hotel room. Clean enough, warm enough, large enough, silent enough but nothing more than enough. Is that a good room? Yes. Is it a great room? No.
The location in respect to the rest was OK, but Solna is not Stockholm. The fact that there’s good public transportations very close makes that a smaller issue, but the area is nothing special outside that Mall.
So summing up, this is a good hotel and I’m sure I’ll stay there again. But I won’t go out of my way to book it and it won’t be my first choise.

Room Tip: Make sure to check maps and GPS before heding there, it’s not that easy to find.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel's close proximity to the surrounding shops and public transport is a great selling point. It's a 2 minute walk to Solna Centrum (underground) with links to Stockholm City Centre. With it's entrance at the end of a shopping centre it is also convenient for eating, banking and general shopping.

The rooms are well decorated and average sized. The underfloor heating in the bathroom is a nice touch and appreciated on the cold Stockholm wintery mornings. The heating in the room functions perfectly 24/7. The rooms aren't very soundproof unfortunately. The bedding was pretty comfortable.

I had an issue with the duvet sorted immediately by the staff. Generally the staff were very accommodating and met every need I had.

The restaurant is overpriced for the quality of food and has a limited menu. I wouldn't recommend any of the cooked meats at the complimentary breakfast. You would do better to eat out in general.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Having stayed here a number of times I have noticed that the level of service has deteriorated.

E.g. I sat in the restaurant for 10 minutes before a server asked if I wanted a drink let alone my food order.

A 5 minute wait in the small bar until a member of staff appeared.

Only 3 meat dishes on the menu & they were out of one of them.

2nd night in restaurant same deal so consistently poor service - took ages for plate to be cleared & for the bill to arrive, than had to wait to pay so went up to the bar area to do so.

Not sure if I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Park Inn by Rad... S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Solna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service, it is very important to us, so we regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our food & beverage department so they may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.

To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for Joakim Johns, Food & Beverage Manager, email joakim.johns@rezidorparkinn.com, tel +46 8 4709131.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Pros: Very nice and helpful staff especially on reception, comfortable bed, decent chairs for reading and an OK chair and side board to work at in room, excellent free broadband, in shopping centre so handy if you need to buy something, right beside underground train station (about 20 mins to city centre) and bus stops, frequent bus service every 10 minutes or so to Solna Business Park, breakfast is ok but nothing special (had worse) but they do seem to run out of stuff before the breakfast time is over.

Cons: Dull location, prison like corridors, poor coffee at breakfast (I tried all sorts of combinations to get a half decent cup - ended up with a triple espresso which was like a weak americano anywhere else), tired decor other than reception area, bathroom was small and very two star (terrible cheap shower which sprayed water everywhere though pressure was ok), no wardrobe, just a small open hanging area, far too many rooms for the two lifts so you could wait quite a while to get one especially in the mornings.

I hadn't brought any exercise gear but they have free yoga and pilates classes for guests in the evenings which is a nice touch - clearly set up for a business clientele which is to be expected from the location. I didn't eat here but the small cafe seemed quite busy. If I had to go back here on business I wouldn't dread staying here but neither would it fill me with joy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Park Inn by Rad... S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Solna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us and I´m glad for all your positive feedback. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We have an ongoing refurbishment plan and we are pleased to have the opportunity to improve our facilities, next out are our restaurant and terrace and our single rooms.

For a more comfortable stay we recommend to book our superior rooms, which are larger and more modern. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area and we are looking forward to see you as our guest again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
lotta.welander@rezidorparkinn.com, +46 708 868688

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Average breakfast is my only reason for not give this hotel top rating. Excellent service, clean and nice rooms. Located inside a shopping center, and next to the subway / bus station makes transportation a dream. Parking in heated garage for your car too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Park Inn is difficult to find as it's INSIDE the Solna Centrum. Completely inside. If you arrive at night after the centre is closed you have to buzz for access then wander past numerous shops before you get to reception. The hotel itself is okay, but nothing spectacular. Reception good, rooms spacious but not the cleanest I've seen. Paint everywhere just looked like it needed some freshening up. Breakfast was chaotic if you arrive at the same time as the tour groups. Location is well outside Stockholm but next to the T-bana and a quick trip in. A very indifferent stay, I'd probably not bother again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Park Inn by Rad... S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Solna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. The hotel has an ongoing refurbishment plan and a lot has already been done but there are still floors to be revised. A clean and fresh product is very important to us and we will see to our routines accordingly. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Best regards,
Lotta Welander, Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solna
Quality Hotel Friends
#2 of 11 in Solna
Story Hotel Signalfabriken
Story Hotel Signalfabriken
#28 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Solna? Share your experiences!