“Excellent hotel if you plan to visit Friends Arena”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Solna
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We've been there with friends for one of the concerts being organised at the Arena. You can't imagine better place to stay. The surroundings is however a bit industrial with a lot of construction work. The hotel itself is very modern and comfortable. Breakfest buffet is one of the most reach and differantiated I have ever seen. The prices on the 25th floor restaurant are very high as well... BTW having read one of the previous opinions I want to underline that there was no english menu at the restaurant which is rather strange.
For sure I'll come back if I go again to the Arena. For other reasons it's not so obvious as the prices are high even it's not Stokholm

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SteffenSander, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Wlodek,

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay at Quality Hotel Friends, Stockholm and that you have taken your time to share your experience with us.
It is really nice to hear that were satisfied with our hotel and the immediate proximity to Friends Arena.

In addition, I am glad to hear that you described our breakfast buffet as good and our hotel as modern and comfortable.

Once again, thank you very much for your view. We would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon, Wlodek!

Best regards to Warsaw, Poland,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here one night on a business trip, this is a very clean and nice hotel. The hotel is from recent date and is well taken care off. No complaints here. The restarant is somewhat limited in it's menu but the food was good. The breakfast is really superb.

Room Tip: Personally I like the lower floors but if you like you can have a good view from the 23rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SteffenSander, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Marc,

It is really nice to hear that were satisfied with our hotel.

In addition, I am glad to hear that you described our breakfast buffet and our evening restaurant as good.

Once again, thank you very much for your review. We would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon, Marc!

Best regards to Almere, Netherlands,

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We spend a weekend there in November. We also had tickets for Monster Jam on Friends Arena. The Hotel is close to Friends Arena, only 100 m to walk to the Arena, 200 m to Subway and 10-15 minutes drive in to Stockholm Centrum. We had a rental car so no problem to get around. Great big breakfast and the staff was very nice and helpful. I can recommend this Hotel from my own experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Roger,

In addition, I am glad to hear that you mentioned that staff has been very helpful and kind and that you described our breakfast buffet as good.

Once again, thank you very much for your view. We would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon, Roger!

Best regards to Norway,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel itself is fantastic, and the rooms great, however there are a few issues that need to be sorted out.

The hotel website says that it is only 15 mins from Stockholm centre, well the station at Solna is but then you have a 15 minutes walk (if you go via the building site, longer if you walk all the way around) to the hotel. There are very few signposts directing you and we did find in one spot two signs pointing in opposite directions. There was no information in English even the menus were in Swedish, no brochures in the room to tell you what was happening in Stockholm or even how to get there - as this is supposed to be the National arena and will be getting guests from all over the world that was a surprise. Appreciate that as the hotel had only just opened that they were working on a limited menu however I think they could have increased the number of dishes available. On checking in we were not advised that the restaurant would be closed on Sunday and Monday we found out by accident after overhearing someone else being told. The bar snacks were ok, however again very limited but on one night we asked for the Steak sandwich only to be told that they didn't have any and we were offered an alternative of lamb chops and potatoes. Sadly this was brought to us cold, with congealed fat on the lamb, not very nice at all and more expensive than the sandwiches we wanted. About 15 minutes later we saw people coming into the bar, ordering steak sandwiches and getting them - not very happy about that. Breakfast was good, however only the only fruit juice available was orange juice, when asked about apple juice was told they had run out that day, however 5 days later still no apple juice available, All in all not a bad stay but in the middle of no-where, hopefully will improve with time but would not choose to stay there again. This hotel has a long way to go to live up to Nordic Choice standards

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine P
SteffenSander, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Elaine,

To start with I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay at Quality Hotel Friends, Stockholm and that you have taken your time to share your feedback with us.

It is really nice to hear that you appreciated our hotel and our rooms, however, I am sad to read that you were not satisfied with a couple of issues.
Regarding your comment about the distance to Stockholm centre, the commuter train takes 7-8 minutes according to the timetable. When using the north entrance which opened 11th October at Solna Station you can reach the hotel within in another 7-8 minutes by walking. However, I am sorry that the signposts are not clear and even pointing in opposite directions. This is by no means acceptable and we will have a look into this matter straight away. I am terribly sorry if this affected you in a bad way and that might even be the reason why it took you longer to get to us.
We do have information in English and Swedish in our hotel rooms about the facilities and the surroundings, however, I am sorry for the fact that it was missing in your room.
Furthermore I would like to apologize for the fact that you did not get the sandwich you were asking for when ordering in the bar and I am sorry to hear the food which has been served instead has been cold.

Please let me know if there is anything else I may do for you or if you have any further questions or wishes. If you would like to discuss your stay with me, please feel free to contact me at steffen.sander@choice.se at any time. I would be happy to put things right for you.

Once again, thank you very much for your review. We would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Best regards to United Kingdom,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here one night. The hotel is beatiful and tailored for various events. The rooms are great with good beds and delicate bath rooms. The room quality is top. If you stay in the upper floors, you also have a great view of the area. Both the bar on the ground floor and the top floor are very nice. Breakfast is also very good with a great selection of choices. This hotel is perfect for smaller and larger conferences and events.

I will definately consider this hotel for future events in the Stockholm area, but not if I am visiting central Stockholm

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms on the upper floors. That gives you a view in two directions
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Movi71
SteffenSander, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Movi71,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Quality Hotel Friends, Solna.

It has been a huge pleasure having you with us and we appreciate your feedback.

Please let me know if you have any questions, wishes or if there is anything I may do for you.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would be happy to welcome you again soon!

Best regards to Oslo,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were some of the very first guests to the hotel so some small problems are to be expected. No one in our group was able to make the air-conditioner work. The windows in the rooms don't open, so it can get a little stuffy in the rooms, and at times quite warm. I spoke to the front desk about the problem as did several of my colleagues. We were all assured someone would fix it. That never happened. There were also problems with the showers having a consistent temperature which can be frustrating and quite painful. The ice machines had not arrived yet, and there were no hot water pots. The hotel is also in the middle of nowhere. There is a mall being built next door, so in two years or so it will be a great location. Taxis had a very hard time finding the hotel and then once they did they had a hard time getting to the hotel. The elevators were down multiples times, so we ended up waiting ten minutes and then just using the stairs just so we could get to breakfast.
All of that being said, it is a beautiful hotel. The breakfast was just wonderful; the best I have had in Sweden. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice. All of these kinks I'm sure will be worked out, they are all easily fixed. We were sad to leave the hotel and wish the hotel much success.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear TrustIssues,

It is really nice to hear that you found our hotel beautiful and that you described our breakfast buffet as one of the bests in Sweden. In addition, I am glad to hear that you mentioned that our staff was helpful and kind.

On the other hand, I am very sorry for the fact that the air conditioner did not work in your room and that the problem has not been fixed either, even though you were assured by our staff that we would take care of it. We are taking your feedback very seriously and will have a look into that in order to make sure that this will not be happen again.

Once again, thank you very much for your view. We would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Best regards to California,

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. The staff are very friendly, and try to be helpful when they can. The elevators were not all working when we stayed, so at busy times, like breakfast, it was hard to get downstairs, and then back up again. Breakfast was excellent, though. So many options and great hot food. Right now, it's kind of located in the middle of nowhere. Walking it's fifteen minutes to anything. That said though, when the mall is finished, this will be ideally located, so staying here in a few years should be awesome.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LadyoftheArts
QualityHotelFriends, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Friends, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear LadyoftheArts,

It is really nice to hear that you appreciated our hotel, the rooms and our staff and that you were satisfied with your stay. In addition, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffé.

On the other hand, I am sorry for the fact that it took a bit longer to use the elevators at busy times.

Best regards to Thornton,

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solna
The Winery Hotel
Radisson Blu Royal Park Hotel, Stockholm
Story Hotel Signalfabriken
Story Hotel Signalfabriken
#26 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Quality Hotel Friends? Share your experiences!