First impressions were not good the large Glass roof over the front desk was dirty and the glass broken in several places. The reception staff spoke very little English, but later we found spoke it well enough for their Gests to get by if they wanted. Reception staff were not very helpful and in one case we were trying to buy tickets for a trip out which the Hotel sold and as soon as we spoke the reception guy turned his back and went into the back room not to return. Bar staff however were great and very helpful.Spa staff looked us up and down and decided that we would not pay for their services very rude before we could enquire we were asked to leave thinking that the English were not interested the costs were high even for guests. The Room was a good size and clean in most cases. However the balcony rail was covered in Bird poo and stayed that way all the whole 2 weeks we were there. Only one pool open even though it was over 30 and early Oct.Most of the Hotel was in a complete mess as we walked around the hotel warn and dirty carpets,wires and elec not safe. There were no shops close and very quite not a Holiday to do things. Also the hotel shop and fac could not find them.The Hotel was full of Spanish OAP who seemed to come and go and it was a srum at meal times pushing rude ness and filling their bags with food from the food hall and total lack of respect. They NEVER purchased a drink but filled the bar area playing cards and board games so it was difficult at times to get a seat. It was welcomed that the all inclusive did go on till midnight and you could take a drink to your room. If you want a quite Holiday doing nothing with the wonderful Beach across the road great this is for you. Hotel only really 2 star but when they finish I am sure they will bring it up to the 4 star they want but not yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of our most exclusive beach hotels : a spa hotel in the beach of Aguadulce in which to enjoy the best rest and maximum comfort for a truly unique price. Special services for holidays with children and organizing events in Aguadulce , this hotel and spa in the Almeria coast is known for its personalized service and modern facilities to serve the most demanding customers. Pool , food , kids club , spa ... Choose a hotel on the beach in Aguadulce and enjoy a tailor-made accommodation in the best area of the coast of Almeria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Atrapalo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your ALEGRIA Portomagno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hlg Portomagno Hotel Agua Dulce
- ALEGRIA Portomagno Aguadulce, Almeria, Spain