“Wow wow wow”

Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Usk
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Me and my partner booked a Sunday saver. For £145 we booked the lodge for our overnight stay (which had its own drive and parking space, garden, two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, bathroom) included in the price was a champagne tea, 3 course Sunday lunch and welsh breakfast. Great value for money. Both me and my partner were blown away by this hotel. the staff (Michael) was extremely friendly and went out of his way to accommodate us. There was a wedding on when we arrived but all the staff had time for us even though they were busy with the wedding party. I simply cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. I have to say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I can not praise the staff enough. So kind and accommodating we were made to feel very welcome during our stay. We would certainly come back again to stay here. Absolutely magnificent.

Room Tip: Choose the lodge :-)
1 Thank Katamanda31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
wales
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Read reviews on T/A so was looking forward to our stay hotel was very nice and housekeeping was spot on staff very polite the only thing that let it down for us was the food which makes your trip memorable might have been having a bad day but we would not stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Birthday treat of afternoon tea with family. Such a variety of freshly made wraps ,sandwiches, cakes, scones etc,etc. Couldn't possibly eat it all although we tried very hard. Staff as always second to none in the way we were greeted and served. Thank you again Alex and your team. Last visited for our Ruby Wedding in April, Sunday lunch which was superb. Never been disappointed yet on a variety of occasions. Food and environment always special.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank valerie097
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We attended a wedding last weekend at this Hotel - it was fab, from start to finish.

The hotel is in a great location and easy to find. The reception room was beautifully decorated and the staff friendly and polite. The food, was probably the best 'mass catered' I have ever had. All courses, fresh, tasty, generous.

We willl definitely consider staying here, the next time we are in the area, to see if the A la carte menu is as good as the wedding one!

Really fab day.

Room Tip: Didnt' stay at the hotel, so sorry cant assist!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank essexlizard
wigan
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was a guest at a wedding last Sunday and I was absolutely knocked-out by the quality of just about everything I encountered from start to finish, over the twelve hours we were there!!
We were welcomed by the same excellent people who, subsequently served our (delicious) food; served our drinks; cleared and re-set the room (three times- to accommodate the next 'stage'); adjusted the itinerary (due to the inclement weather) and generally went completely out of their way to satisfy the very last guest.
Service is something I've never been too fussy about and I particularly dislike being called 'Sir' all the time...however I did not object to this once all day; as I felt for once, I was actually being treated like one!
And the food..... Strueth! Catering for 60+ people and delivering really, really fantastic food at the same time and at the same heat (!) must be tough.
These guys were right on-it to the point where I've no idea how the hell they managed it!
If any of you prospective customers are worried about this review, or that it may be false; book it and if you're disappointed on the day; I promise I will refund your money personally.
It's THAT good!
And thanks to Matt; George and just about everyone else!
More importantly Mr and Mrs Bateman got this organised in SIX weeks from scratch with the hotels' help.
You will perhaps not find better!!!
Kevin O'Brien

2 Thank kevin o
Tredegar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I spent our 2nd anniversary at the Glen Yr Afon using their Sunday saver. I would recommend it to others. My husband and I will be booking again.
It cost £72.50 each.
We had champagne afternoon tea.
Dinner in their la carte restaurant.
1 night stay in one of their lovely rooms.
A full welsh breakfast.

The staff make this hotel even more special.

1 Thank Willow0408
Larkhall
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have family that live near Usk so decided to stay in the hotel , visit family and look up friends we met a few years ago on holiday.
Both my wife and I were a bit disappointed in the room , it was "compact" to say the least, the shower didn't seem to be able to turn to cool and as the weather was very hot a cool shower was a necessity . Anyway we were given room 14 in the attic , it was clean but as I say, small.
The staff made us welcome from the moment we arrived till the moment we left two days later...I cannot praise them highly enough without doubt they made our stay really enjoyable although the older lady in the breakfast service was rather "dowr" (Scottish for didn't say much and wasn't as pleasant as her colleagues)
All in all a very nice stay in a nice hotel in a lovely part of Wales.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room as the attic room we had was small
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Usk
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Tudor Farmhouse Hotel
Tudor Farmhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clearwell

Been to Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel? Share your experiences!