“Sunday lunch how disappointing! ”

Morris's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Usk
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been here a fair few times with the family over the years but haven't been able to come for about two months so we decided to come out yesterday for a Sunday lunch and how disappointed we all were, they used to do the best lunches around but this time they were clearly off their game! We had what I can only presume were frozen aunt bessie roast potatoes instead of the delicious crispy roast potatoes they used to do. We had two measly slices of meat, the stuffing wasn't warmed all the way through even though they kept us waiting 45 minutes for our meals even though the restaurant wasn't even that busy. The only nice thing about the dinner was the gravy, even though we only had half a jug full. I've had a look through the trip advisor reviews to see if it was just me, but it's clearly not the case, standards must be slipping. Wont be returning for a Sunday lunch but might try the normal menu.

2  Thank markjohnston123

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

14,of us ladies had lunch absolutely amazing service,food was outstanding back again on 27th can't wait for another gd service & good meal

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited morris's restaurant and cafe to have their famous steak and ale pie. I must say it was delicious, lean tender beef, great tasting and a generous portion. Also a couple of the diners were recommending the roast beef Sunday lunch as the beef was delicious. So I will try the sunday roast beef next time I visit. I looked for gluten free options for my daughter and noticed they do have a gluten menu also an amazing selection of desserts and cakes. We love this place and the farm shop and butcher have a first class selection.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good food and all the staff are helpful and friendly great place to visit a very busy all the time I recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My husband and I went to the garden centre to buy a ready made hanging basket, and decided to have lunch while we were there, we were so glad we did because the Sunday roast meal was one of the nicest one we have had especially at a garden centre.and for the very reasonable price of £9.99 each