Three Salmons Hotel
  • Pool
US$112
US$108
Travelocity
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel(Pontypool)(Great Value!)
US$79
Llansantffraed Court(Llanvihangel Gobion)
US$222
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
US$73
All reviewscoach housesalmonfull welshsuperior roomexcellent restaurantlovely hotelfollowing morningstayed for one nightsunday lunchwedding receptioncountry hotelwelsh breakfastusk castlethe main hotelsister hotelbar areacooked to perfection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We've just returned from a long weekend at the Three Salmons and have only praise for the hotel and its staff. We were part of a large group, with the function room booked for the Saturday of our stay. Despite the hotel being extremely busy for most of the weekend, the staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times, and the food was really good. There was a great atmosphere. Bar prices were reasonable, and although noise from the bar and the road could be heard upstairs in our room, you do have to accept that if you book a room at a popular hotel at the centre of a town on a busy crossroads and if you have a room over the bar, you're going to hear it!
Our room was very spacious, huge bed, nice bathroom, lovely hot shower.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank hildev
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here. We arrived to a twin room (our mistake) but the Manger quickly rectified this for us whilst offering us a 'drink on the house' in the bar. Our room was clean, cosy and had a very comfortable bed. Unbeknown to me, my boyfriend had planned to propose to me. The deed was done and he had arranged with the hotel manager that we were served a rather large bottle of champagne upon arriving for dinner that evening. All the staff were very welcoming and congratulated us. We were then showed through to the restaurant where I have to say we were served an amazing three course meal. The waiting staff were amazing and made the evening perfect. I could not fault one thing about the food or the service. The waiter even bought us a slate platter decorated with 'congratulations' in icing and a sparkler with chocolates, a lovely touch.
Unfortunately due to a wedding party in the hotel we had a very bad nights sleep as they partied on till at least 2am, this was a shame as everything else was perfect. This issue was soon forgotten however when we sat down to beautiful breakfast. I would recommend this hotel and will certainly stay again, I just hope there are no wedding reception parties staying there on my next stay, I will bring ear plugs just in case !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Longblondie
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stay here regularly with work. Top tip; ask for a room in the main house. You do take a gamble on the rooms but the food is excellent and staff are professional and efficient. A comfortable pub with accommodation. The rooms are a little pricey compared to some of the other options nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night and found the menu looked fairly mundane. Having looked at other restaurants we decided to eat in the hotel after all. How pleased we were as the food was fantastic - unlike the description on the menu. The staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was a bit on the small side but the bed was very comfy! As we were only staying over night it was more than adequate. Everything was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 11JAN51
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went for a friends birthday for dinner here a year ago.

The menu is not huge, but there are a good selection of meat dishes, the usual fish and veggie stuff.

But what made me really like it, was to see Hare on the menu. My friend had it, it was Hare three ways. Presented beautifully and with pride it seemed.

Reasonable prices considering the area we are in, and the staff , although very busy that evening, were polite and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends