“Super alternative to the Gordano services”

The Huntsman Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Falfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super alternative to the Gordano services”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located just 5 mins off Jn14 of the M5 this pub makes a pleasant change from motorway services and an ideal stop-off en-route to the south west.

This is a decent pub serving good freshly prepared food. The welcome was warm and the service was very good. we followed up with coffee in the large garden enjoying the sunshine.

If you're on your way to Cornwall treat yourself to something more civilised than the Services and step off the motorway for this worthwhile detour.

1 Thank Julian H

“Good Venue”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

A number of us net here tonight the service and privacy was great. Likewise the food was delicious too. All in all a result for everyone but me that drinks "Guinness" nightmare as they don't sell it.

1 Thank Nicholas231
olveston, bristol
“nice meal but a bit thirsty”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

A pub that offers table service, took our drink and food order at our table. Nice touch. Good varied menu with daily specials. Something a bit different to usual pub grub. Pudding board could have a couple of lighter opens fresh fruit maybe we dont all want sponge type hot puddings. Because the staff came to our table to take orders we sat waiting for someone to ask if we wanted more drinks. Probably could have gone to the bar ourselves but we had got used to the service. Marked down as eggs were hard.

Visited May 2014
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Food was awful”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went here for my birthday customer service was brilliant however I order a sirloin steak which was awful couldn't cut it and it was a struggle to swallow, the salad and mushroom were basic for the price you would expect a higher standard I will not be eating there again!!!!!

Chulmleigh, United Kingdom
“Well Fed, Lovely Welcome.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Friday 21st March attending my son's wedding at Eastwood Park, lunchtime break, 'Karen' gave us a lovely welcome, we were already booked for Dinner but chose to have lunch and it was lovely. Dinner was for twelve in the end, I had the local 'Rib Eye Steak', one of the best steaks I have ever had! The grub was great, lovely room and very good service. As a Publican myself I am ever critical but on this occasion could find no fault at all. Well Done The Huntsman. Wish 'Karen' lived in Devon I would be happy to give her a job!

• Visited March 2014