“ok for 1 night”

Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falfield
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room was clean and airy with adequate space. Staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast was ok, but with limited choice and the help yourself buffet was constantly out of items, as they seemed unprepared for a full hotel. Fine for 1 night but overall the hotel had no character about it which I thought was the point of best westerns.

1  Thank SFMc2014
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review because comments from our customers and guests whether they are positive or negative are very important to us and can highlight weaknesses in our team, service or quality that we can then address and work on for the future.
I am truly sorry that on this occasion our "personality" went unnoticed and I do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed one night on dinner,bed & breakfast. Reception very helpful and welcoming. Room very clean and comfortable. Good location only about half a mile from M5 motorway. Dinner was very good but a bit pricey. Breakfast was very good and had a great selection though we had to wait a bit too long for dishes to be replenished.

Room Tip: Room had feather cushions. Check with reception beforehand for anyone with allergies.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the positive comments with regard to the location of the hotel, the staff and our food at breakfast and dinner which we are delighted with.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed 1 night, business trip. Smallish double room at the rear of the hotel, but perfectly adequate, clean and fresh. Breakfast was very good, freshly cooked poached eggs which were perfect. Staff all friendly, helpful and efficient. Room charge was also very reasonable. Will stay again next time in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Many thank for sparing the time to post your feedback following you recent stay with us here at The Gables. Your comments regarding the staff will be shared with all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for one night for business. It was booked very last minute and I managed to get a good deal. The hotel is situated 5 minutes from the M5 and easy to find. I requested a double room in a quiet location, what I got was a twin room over looking the very busy room. I was given a double room when I complained, but unfortunately it was next door s I still had the busy road, that said it didn't bother me as I'm a heavy sleeper - it might bother a light sleeper though. The TV in the road was basic and TV reception was very poor, so much so that I had to turn it off. Wifi connection was good though. The room itself was clean enough, although decaf tea would have been a nice addition. Breakfast in the morning was OK, nothing special. Coffee was weak, watery and lukewarm, although served n a coffee pot it was obviously instant - nasty.

However I would stay again, indeed I would have rebooked for tomorrow night the price was almost £30 more (for the same night), so I'm now booked into a 4* on the other side of the M5 for a fraction of the cost. My advice is shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the man road if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. There are however some areas for development and we will use your comments to focus on ways of improving in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

on 12th july our grandson Rhys got marreid to Kelly and had their reception at this hotel ... i have to say it ran really smoothly ,everything was as it should be ,the tables were beautifully done, the staff were efficient and friendly ..The food was excellent ( my grandson being fussy even asked for and got fishfingers and chips !!!) whilst the guests enjoyed the wedding breakfast ..At night during the disco the buffet food was better than i have ever seen anywhere else and plenty of it ..We stayed overnight and had the breakfast which again was superb all tastes catered for and again plenty of well cooked food certainly on par and in some cases better than other hotels i have stayed in ..overall a really good place to stay and certainly to have a wedding reception there indeed you can get married there if you want to

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the excellent 5 star review regarding your stay at the hotel for your Grandson's wedding. It really was a wonderful day and we all enjoyed looking after your party so much. Thank you again for all your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We wanted to visit a few attractions in the area and this hotel was central for them. A great experience all round. We had a good sized room with bath and shower, excellent food at dinner and breakfast on two days. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive. Everything spotlessly clean and well decorated. The nearby motorway didn't intrude, even with the windows open, and the hotel would make a good overnight stop on a long motorway journey.
There was a wedding in the hotel on the Saturday but we were barely aware of it, even of the disco in the evening.
We didn't manage to do all we wanted to in the three days available so we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of your recent stay with us here at The Gables. We are all delighted that you were pleased with all the facilities and the food throughout your visit and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Room was spacious but nothing special. The location isn't great if you don't want to drive. The hotel is a bit isolated with the nearest pub a bit of a walk away on a busy road. We found we had to drive everywhere as the hotel facilities were quite limited. Staff didn't seem overly helpful but no real complaints. Breakfast was very nice and also we had an evening meal there which was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It was kind of you to take the time to provide your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner that you had whilst staying with us.Comments from our customers and guests whether they are positive or negative are very important to us and can highlight weaknesses in our team, service or quality that we can then address and work on for the future. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falfield
De Vere Tortworth Court
#2 of 2 in Alveston
Stonehouse Court
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse

Been to Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!