Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falfield
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great night with superb food.Very tasty & well presented. Would recommend. Staff very friendly & helpful. They could advise about anything on the food menu.This was the 2nd time in the month we had dined at this resturant & each time good food.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We always like to get reviews from regular guests, so thank you very much for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. We of course are delighted that your second visit to us met all your requirements and for the positive comments regarding the staff and the food.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Welling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have stayed and eaten at this hotel before and it didn't disappoint again.The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food very good. We had an allowance of £21 towards our food which was enough for a 2 course meal or even 3 depending what you had. Breakfast was excellent too with a very good variety.

Room Tip: we were given a disable room which was much larger than a normal room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
What a lovely review, thank you. Excellent quality and customer service are so important to us and we were pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share all your kind comments with the Team here at The Gables. Thank you for your recommendation and we all hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Wales Uk

Best of the Best
I have visited a few Best Western hotels and most have their own unique charm but for all round service The Gables Hotel Falfield is up there with the best of them. My wife and I stayed on the August Bank Holiday weekend. The first evening using an Amazon deal with meals included. The second evening I reserved via the hotel website for a satisfactory £50.My first contact with the hotel was with Zoe and Laura who confirmed my booking via e-mail and phone both very professional. I had asked if it was possible to have an early arrival, we arrived at 14.00 and Amber on reception confirmed our room was ready. Amber is a friendly, gregarious and helpful a true ambassador of the hotel as was Emma who was on reception at other times.
As we were celebrating my wife’s 60th and our 30th wedding Anniversary this year we were fortunate to be upgraded to room 117 this was ground level and had a four poster bed, the room still had a modern feel to it with a lot of natural light and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. Although as privacy I would have been more comfortable with net curtains rather than a pull down blind.
The meal in the evening was first class and with an allowance of £21 each you could still have three courses if you wished. I had smoked salmon cocktail, fish of the day from the specials board and finished off with white and dark chocolate brownies .Compliments to the chef the meal could not be faulted. The second evening the meal was not included and as The Gables are affiliated to Taste card (a diners card) we had 50% off the meal. A special shout out to Robert (Bobby) Hawker Duty Manager who looked after us admirably in the restaurant. There was a large wedding on but the level of service especially at breakfast was never compromised. All credit to Manager Andrew Ibbotson and his staff, so if you looking for a Hotel with personality then the Best Western Gables is simply the best of the best

Room Tip: Accepts Tastecard 50% off meals
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow! What a comprehensive and wonderful review. The whole team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. In the meantime we hope that your birthday and anniversary celebrations continue in style.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had the misfortune of being one night in this old dated hotel 1 mile off the M5 - never again. At £75 even worse for value for money! The room was dated and with small single beds i thought went out in the era of Fawlty towers! If you have the misfortune of staying here eat before you arrive as the food and cleanliness is grim to be polite. The table was dirty and sticky and nobody bothered to clean it at all. the Crayfish and salmon starter at £5.55 was a glass bowl with lettuce leaves and a few shrimps inside it. I ordered the sirloin steak and when it arrived i tried my best to cut it but was unable to as it was so tough and grim. I told them to take it away which they did. A couple on the table next to me said "saw you had trouble with the steak, so did we and sent ours back!". Then had the beef lasagne which was also ghastly, oily and almost no meat in it at all. I left the restaurant and retired to my room very unhappy. I must say i did not see a single happy customer. #Never again

Room Tip: No idea as never saw another room but if as grim as 116 then avoid.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary A
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all feedback and can often make positive changes based on recommendations from our guests. I can only apologise that your stay with us did not meet our usual high standards and that you left feeling dissatisfied and we have discussed your comments with the team.
There is always a Duty Manager available to discuss any guest issues and we would certainly have encouraged you to do so, however, should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail then please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.
harrogate
Reviewed 24 August 2014

having booked this via BW and been a diamond member was given a room upgrade to a four poster room which was large and clean although furniture was dated .comfy bed and had a good night sleep .powerful shower in bathroom . Ate in the bar and the service and food was excellent . If i had been paying for the full price for the four poster room i would have been disappointed but as it was a free upgrade was good value. I would happily return to the hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank jetboot
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and the kind and positive comments regarding the food and service we provided. It is good to see that you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Gables.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Yet another good stay in this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had requested room 408 again as it is large and spacious, We were delighted to have it saved for us. After a good nights sleep we had another great breakfast which was up to its usual good standard of wholesome food.

We will use this hotel again and again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
It is always a pleasure to look after you when you are visiting your family in the area and we will continue to try to accommodate your request for 408 as we know how much you like it.
We look forward to the next time and please do keep in touch.
Many thanks once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falfield
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Wotton-under-Edge
Stonehouse Court
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse

Been to Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!