“Good value, spacious and comfortable small independent hotel”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Falfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. I needed somewhere north of Bristol and just off the M5 with parking and good value. The little road down to the hotel off the A38 looks like it can't be it but it is and is ok so just follow and trust the sign. I was quickly greeted and shown to my room (Room 3) which had all the facilities of a chain hotel with TV, tea/coffee/biscuits/small bottle of water/en-suite etc. Although a little tired it is not modern or "plasticy" like the chains but is very clean and comfortable with a personal service. I could see the M5 very close by from my window but only ever heard a very faint hum from the traffic and it was no way near as noisy as my Bristol centre hotel where I stopped the next day. Breakfast was included in the price and was a selection of serve yourself cereals, juices, fruit and yoghurt followed by an English and toast taken to order with tea/coffee and I sat with a pleasant view over the front gardens. All the staff were very pleasant and a credit to the hotel. Happy to recommend within the above parameters and I will be staying again if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We held our Golden Wedding Anniversary at The Park. Everything was perfect. Lynda was first class from booking right through to party. The function room looked amazing and the food was excellent. We had booked all the bedrooms for that night and they were to a very high standard
All 50 guests had a a wonderful time. Roll on next celebration at The Park Hotel Thank you to all who made it such a wonderful evening

Room Tip: All the rooms I looked in were clean well furnished with excellent bathrooms. I had a bath in mine...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here for one night on business, I was greeted and shown to my room, it had all the requirements im usual too from a chain hotel with more, clean and comfortable with a more personal service. Breakfast was perfect and will be staying again on my next trip. I thank all the staff for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We held our daughter's Wedding at the Park last weekend and found everything to be perfect. The service we received from Lynda and her team was outstanding. Lynda is very experienced and was able to advise us from the day we first looked around the venue right through to the day itself, we felt we were in 'safe hands'. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she even turned her hand to floristry when we were a button hole short! We would not change a single thing. The gardens are beautiful, a photographer's delight. The food was excellent, quickly and efficiently served and the staff were very capable. We stayed overnight along with the Groom's family and our close relations and we all found our rooms to be very comfortable, and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the morning with the new Mr & Mrs T. All in all a truly wonderful experience, I cannot praise the hotel enough.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie620
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I held my wedding here in May 2010, from the first visit to the big day the service from Lynda and her staff was fabulous. The gardens are stunning and great on a sunny day (which thankfully we had) the rooms are all a good size and the room we stayed in (the oxford) was excellent and very comfortable.
The food at the park is exemplory and everyone commented that the food was to a high standard - this does not normally happen at a wedding of 70+. The service was also brilliant and the staff got the food out swiftly so that everyone was eating at the same time rather than the top table being finished before the 8th table got their food.
Everyone commented on what a beautiful venue it was and we will definatly return to eat in the restuarant.
Thank you so much for making our day so special and abover all stress free.
Mr and Mrs Cleugh

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My daughter chose The Park Hotel for her wedding reception because everyone who had been there enjoyed the experience and the staff were just so helpful.
For our event they were exemplary. The gardens are delightful, close to the motorway but we hardly noticed the noise. The dining room looked beautiful and bar prices were reasonable. Food was well cooked, on time and tasty. The hotel can cater for around 70 guests but with just 17 bedrooms rooms some guests will need to use the local Premier Inn for accomodation. We stayed in the main hotel and it was fine. Beds comfortable and generally spacious. One family room we saw had space for a large double, 2 x singles and plenty of room to move.
So overall a great experience and well worth considering.
if you are looking at a wedding in the bristol area we can also reccomend a superb photographer outstanding band!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2010

After two disasterous hotel experiences in or near Aztec West in Bristol I have to finally make a recommendation.... the Park Hotel, Falfield - Jn 14 M5 just 15 mins north of Bristol - huge rooms, queen size beds, smooth cotton sheets and quilts, hot showers, great breakfast with a choice of omelettes, (I had a mushroom one this morn and it was proper black field mushrooms!) They have 17 rooms at great rates.... we loved it and will be using it for the forseeable......

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falfield
Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel
Thornbury Castle and Tudor Gardens
Lodge On The Park
Lodge On The Park
#3 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!