“Not good”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Armutalan
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you love chavs, tattoos and bingo this hotel is for you. Tacky music playing in the day even Rolf Harris! All sunbeds had towels on them by 6.30am, some holiday makers were known to save 2 sunbeds, one in the shade and one in the sun. Lack of cutlery and mugs at breakfast, coffee machine always running out. Very hot and stuffy in restaurant which was more like a canteen. All said and done with a name like Epic what was I really expecting ...if you pay cheap expect cheap!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I went to the Epic Hotel for a 2 week family holiday on 23/07/2014. I paid £1400 for myself & my 15 year old daughter on a half board basis, all I can say is I'm glad I took enough spending money to cover the cost of eating out because the food I'm was absolutely rank rotten there was no choice like most hotels have on offer the food was either tasteless or absolutely vile we only tried eating there 3 times out of our 2 week holiday. My 15 year old cousin was hospitalised within day 2 of our holiday due eating a burger from the pool snack bar & she wasn't the only 1 there was 2 others all on the same day. When my uncle confronted the manger her words were "what do you want me to to do about it" the staff are not friendly & cleaky it's a case of....if your face fits. If wanting a sunbed you'll need to put your towels out at 5 am which is a joke.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank yvonne E
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had great holiday at the epic with family and friends.Katie + selim were great,karaoke nights we're amazing.water polo was even better because I was always on winning team.lol.the staff were really friendly and made us feel very welcome.we had lots of laughs and banter with them.the rooms cleaned everyday ,and the maids were very friendly.the receptionists were really helpful and would try and help you out whenever they could.in the front bar Elvis +memmit also made us welcome.on a downside,it would be that Katie and selim was not there every night because they were great entertainment and made us laugh when they were there.just like to say thanks again to Katie,selim,zafer for making it so special for us. Wayne ,Lucy ,Maisie +Millie from Birmingham

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne T
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We checked out other traveller reviews on this hotel before going and sounded positive - especially Elvis. Well how sad were the people that said he made their holiday? Unless you wanted to be ripped off or ignored because you decided to eat else where and explore turkey you were ok. Badley behaved children are well suited to this hotel and the staff love them by rewarding them with lira to play on games after well behaved little ones just lost theirs because the machine swallowed it (elvis) ! Good luck eating there as I had a peice of wire stick through the roof of my mouth after scrabbled egg at breakfast.. Long waiting times and seating. Sunbeds non existent because crazy people setting alarms for 5am just to get one. Where shall I end it this pain for you guys reading. .. Well ANDY across the road ago travel is the best for trips highly recommend jeep safari and diana boat trip. Turkey is a beautiful place to visit, just wouldn't stay in this hotel even though the majority of people we met were amazing and kind especially the maids for us done a great job. So just to clarify if you want to be conned ripped off have Elvis and his staff have the 'favourites' be ignored, eat crap, broken air con... The people that said this hotel is amazing I feel for them and the other horrible hotels they've stayed in.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stop at epic hotel I went 28th July till 4th aug there was me my boyfriend and 3 children we got at hotel at 4 in the morning people were lovely when we arrived they put us in room 411 it was clean but beds were horrible I couldn't sleep on sofa bed and my boyfriend couldn't to next day I ask if we could have different room and they moved us to 207 what was lovely room hotel was lovely but food was let down n I mean let down they only had couple choice not much on for kids ano it's cheap to eat out but when you pay a lot for your holiday you think food be nice like hotel plus dinner was on 7:30 till 9 you cudnt go at 7:30 cos it was full only small dinner hall so by the time you got in about 8:30 they was nothing left and it was cold if they improve with meals and made more of choice plus bigger dinner hall it be lovely hotel but that what let it down I will be going back turkey but not in this hotel until it improves plus it's in nice area aswell

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sahra R
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After saying that I would not return to the Epic Hotel because of a problem last year, due to a reunion I found myself at the Epic again and my son and I had a fantastic holiday. On arrival due to a error in my booking I was given a room with a double bed, but this was sorted out swiftly by the staff at reception and we were moved into a more suitable room on the top floor which had plenty of space, was very clean and had a great view or the surrounding area. Spent most of our time around the pool area which was always clean and tidy and thoroughly enjoyed being entertained by Katy and Selim, who are lovely people that can't do enough for you and work hard to ensure that everyone is involved and having fun, Katy also hosts the karaoke nights, which were the busiest nights around the pool bar and were always great fun, I read that another reviewer commented on Katy's son and I have to say that I never noticed any problems with either of her sons, who were always polite and lovely to us. Another big thank you to the guys round the pool bar, Timur (JJ), David, Zero and Adam who all work extremely long hours but always had a smile and kept us entertained. The hotel itself is kept very clean and staff are very helpful,(especially the lady on reception) if you are willing to try new food there is something for everyone and we only ate out a couple of times due to wanting a change of scenery. Overall a great holiday spent with old friends and new and I would definitely visit again in the future!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorraine G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have been to Turkey many times with my family, this was my 6th visit to Marmaris as a couple with my boyfriend. It was by far the worst experience i've ever had in a hotel. I've never experienced such rude staff and poor facilities in Marmaris before. The worst thing was that we were next door the one of the best Hotels in Marmaris Club Julian.
We had booked & paid for a large room, on arrival we were given a twin room with separate beds, after arriving at 5am we wanted this solved quickly, unfortunately for us we waited a number of 12 hours before our new room was ready.
Pool was very cramped and overly full, beds were taken at 5am to secure you had somewhere to sit at the pool. Everyday loud music played (iknow this is regular for hotels in marmaris but it was too much to handle) at the hotel along with very annoying staff pestering us if we wanted something to drink.
We stayed under half board and on the first night dinner was revolting, how anyone could managed to find edible food in there is beyond me, there isn't a wide variety therefore leaving us to pay for dinner every night of our holiday as we couldn't eat at the hotel.
We spent everyday at the beach as I felt the hotel was uncomfortable and the staff were only friendly to the people that spent time in the complex. We were treated rudely by members of staff for not ordering drinks and being over charged for drinks also SO ALWAYS HAVE YOUR RECEIPT AND CHECK PRICES.
Rooms were clean which I was pleased with, but as an overall experience I feel Epic hotel did NOT meet to any of its standards as I read many reviews on Trip Advisor. I feel this hotel is only best for the typical loud big family holidays were people who want to be rowdy and not have a relaxing time and don't want to get away from most things at home. Which certainly wasn't the hotel best suited for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tymcneill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Club Atrium Apartments
Club Viva Hotel
Club Viva Hotel
#37 of 234 in Marmaris
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews

Been to Epic Hotel? Share your experiences!