“excellent”

and 1 more site!
Club Meridmar Apart
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Reviewed 10 August 2014

recently returned from a 2 week break, as others have said the rooms are basic but good sized. the staff are fantastic and so friendly. the pool is quite deep at around 5 foot deep but there are steps to get in and out. we had no trouble getting sunbeds and we often didnt go to the pool until 9:00am, dont expect 5 star rooms but if you are looking for a low cost clean apartment then you could do much worse. we will definatly be going back

Room Tip: ask for a room with a pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lee b

Reviewed 7 August 2014

On arrival the staff were pleasant the room is VERY basic the shower never worked properly, the floor was NEVER swept and the sheets and towels were changed but were never actually clean. The lift broke down with my partner and baby inside the call button didn't work after 10 minutes of screaming luckily the list went down enough to open the door still about a foot from the floor. When we confronted the rude and ignorant man Joseph on reception all he could say was " ye that keeps happening" the next day after apparently having it fixed the lights inside didn't work leaving you in total darkness then for the rest of the holiday the internal door didn't shut which was extremely dangerous.
Don't come here with teenage daughters the staff are soooo pervy and touchy also hard to get served because the staff are too busy harassing the young girls.
The pool has no shallow end and is over 6ft deep, and the children's pool is literally no bigger than a bath.
The air con costs £30 per week also you get 1 toilet roll to last you the duration.
I am sure there is more anyway I wouldn't recommend even though it is cheap I'm sure there are better for a similar price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just home from a fab stay here. Everyone is so friendly and can't do enough for you. Very helpful as I travelled alone as a mature lady. Pool during the day was as relaxed as you wanted. Bar life was a hoot. Food is great and very good value. I will definitely return next year

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carol O
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in the last week of July. We had an early morning arrival and had a warm welcome and our cases carried to our rooms. I went with another family and we asked if our rooms could be near each other but we were put on the top floor and them on the bottom. There was enough facilities and the pool was good, and food and atmosphere was ok. There were 3 people in our apartment, 1 bedroom and a camp bed in the living room which was slanted and broke. The downside was that our room was not cleaned the entire week and everyone else's was as we saw the cleaners in and out of rooms, they came into our room to empty the bin but did not clean it at all. This meant we had no clean towels the whole week and was very messy. Also the pool has no shallow end so none of the younger kids can stand up. Staff at the bar were very rude and I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Keirmorris
Reviewed 27 July 2014

As a pit stop, this place was alright. A member of staff, Oz, was very nice and helpful when we first arrived. He showed us to our room and answered any questions we had. The room itself was good in terms of space, layout, lighting, but could definitely do with some improvements. For example, the bed and settee were rock hard, and the bedroom lacked chests of draws. In general, the furniture could do with updating and some areas were definitely in need of some TLC (e.g. Our bathroom door had what looked like punch holes in it). Plenty of sockets around, although a bit fiddly, and our balcony was nice too; plenty of sunlight and a good view of the street below. However, the walls are very thin and you can literally hear everything that's going on around you. Also, house keeping could have been much better, as they definitely didn't visit our room every day as they are supposed to, so bins were overflowing and our towels and bed linen were only changed once when in actual fact they should have been changed twice during our stay. Also, we were embarrassed at one point when at 4 o clock in the afternoon, they came into the room at can what only be described as an 'extremely inconvenient time', without knocking. Also, we had the radio on so she definitely knew that we were in. What was most infuriating about this however was the fact that the cleaner had been doing her rounds three hours earlier, and she had knocked on our door to clean. I said I'd be two minutes and she said ok, so why she then decided to come back three hours later I'll never know. So to avoid any problems, I'd strongly suggest specifying with the receptionist (Joseph) when you want cleaners to enter your room, as they can come at any time. Also we were confused as to why our toilet roll wasn't being replaced.....turns out you have to buy it. On arrival, there were no complimentary bath products as you'd normally expect, which isn't the worst thing but a bar of soap would have been nice. The pool and bar area were good, and the staff were quite nice, although it did feel as though they put less effort into greeting you etc as the days went by. The food was nice enough and so were the drinks. Also the little shop in the foyer was convenient and the shop keeper was quite nice, as was Joseph. So to sum up, if you don't mind minor things then this can be a really nice place to stay, however if you're expecting 4 star quality then prepare to be disappointed. This place is definitely more of a 2/3 star, just standard. If you're somebody who likes to spend a great deal of time in their room and pays close attention to detail, then don't stay here.

Room Tip: We had asked for an end room to reduce noise and for more privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole O
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 wks at these apartments and my stay was spoiled by 1 or 2 things. First of all the pool area is a nightmare. Sunbeds being reserved by people at 6am and in some cases people not using them until the afternoon. Lilos everywhere and not being taken out the pool also the walking area around the pool was littered with shoes, kids toys,etc. The maid service was a bit ropey...the room where the cleaning stuff was kept was next door to my apartment so she wanted into my room 1st thing in the morning i had to on several occasions ask reception to send up someone with clean towels or have my beds changed..unacceptable. My drinks bill at the bar had extra drinks put on it not once but twice the first time i let it go the second i didn't so be careful there..it may be wise to pay cash all the time. On the upside the hotel is generally clean and tidy. The food served in the poolside restaurant is very nice and is well served by probably the nicest bunch of guys i have met in all the years i have been going to turkey. There is a small shop on site that you can pick up some self catering items ..but to be truthful the food is so cheap i wouldn't bother cooking anything. £2 for a full english breakfast and about £4 -£7 for 3- 5 course meal in marmaris. Maybe cheaper if you shop around drinks are a lot cheaper in armutalan than they are down at the marina, however it is a much nicer setting for your evening meal and the wines are of a better quality as well. Apart from 1 or 2 wee niggles i still had a fantastic time again in turkey but i think marmaris is played out now with all the harsh treatments the bars and restaurants recieve from the mayor and his henchmen. Go and enjoy all the same..it is hot and the people are nice considering how hard they work.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank davidfun
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel at about 11pm and were greeted by Joseph who took our bags up to our rooms and explained if we wanted air con etc the charges which we already knew in advance. He was a very shy guy and I think this is where people who review him as grumpy etc get it wrong...the guy basically works 24/7 for 7 months and near the end of the holiday he was much warmer and friendlier and organised our private transfers to the airport.

Upon our first day at the pool we were greeted by most of the bar staff individually and they were all genuine guys as far as I am concerned. People who say they are only after your money are a bit off the mark they are no different than a waiter at a normal restaurant they give you good service and they rely on the tips to make a wage I always make a point of tipping as in my line of work I also rely on this.

We did have a few small problems such as not many children and a few groups that were clearly only in Marmaris to get to Bar Street at night which was disappointing when we were there with a 7 and 9 year old however any issues that did arise I just had a word with the manager Oral and felt better that my concerns were being listened to.

As for the pool itself it is good but quite deep as I am 6 foot tall it was not an issue but there were too many middle aged people in the pool reading books etc and then moaning if they got splashed which was a bit of a joke if you don't want to get splashed STAY AWAY from the pool???? What I really liked about the pool was if you wanted an ice cream or crisps you could buy them from the hotel shop which was very reasonably priced for most things even in contrast to the other local shops. The man in the shop is a real gem he worked in a shop near the hotel we were in last year and remembered us and the 2 boys loved him a real gentlemen who again works very very long hours but always has a smile on his face.

Last year we stayed at Club Alpina which was more expensive however we did not once eat in the restaurant there as they were rather forceful trying to get you to eat there. We did eat a few meal in the Merdiyen and although there did not appear to be the special offers that you get in the restaurants nearby the atmosphere was always pleasant and the prices were not too different.

My son who is 7 really enjoyed the dancing which started at about half 10 to half 11 depending on how busy the bar was and Tash ( one of the staff) became a hero of my boy as he was showing him dance moves etc which in turn made my son ask us to get him a Besiktas football top as Tash supports them lol.

The apartments themselves could be doing with a bit of internal upgrading and décor but really for about £10 per night it is a joke to complain about anything, we always had hot water and the
towels and sheets were changed regularly and the bins emptied every day.

Overall we really enjoyed out stay and would definitely return but we like to try different things and places so who knows.

If the décor was more modern and the rooms had been done up we would have probably given it 5 out of 5 stars

Room Tip: We had a pool room and it was room 207 not as noisy as some people make out as the music stops at ha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank janetandpeterb2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Musti's Royal Hotel Plaza
#2 of 27 in Armutalan
Epic Hotel
Epic Hotel
#7 of 27 in Armutalan

Been to Club Meridmar Apart? Share your experiences!