“Great Hotel, fun staff, Great holiday!!”

Grand Panorama Hotel
Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, fun staff, Great holiday!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Me and my friends just got back from our holiday at this hotel, and had a great time!! As soon as we arrived we were amazed my the fabulous location! It has a lush back drop to the mountains and forestry, and the views over Marmaris are spectacular!!
We welcomed warmly at reception and were given a hand getting our luggage up to the room! The rooms were excellent, spacious, clean, great view over the pool and had everything we needed for our stay!
We were woken to the smell of the breakfast the next day! It smelt delicious, and was just that!! Loads of variety!! I must say none of us had a problem with the food. Everyday there was more then enough to satisfy is all, and there was more then enough to go round. No body was going hungry at this hotel. Everyone was back and forth several times!! It all tasted good, and everything was fresh.
Several nights we headed into Marmaris after filling up at the all inclusive bar, others we stayed at the hotel as there was plenty of entertainment! We really enjoyed the Turkish nights they had. They were great fun, and held in the bar that was open top looking over Marmaris. It was fab and the drinks there were dead cheap too!! 2 cocktails for 10 lira - you cant go wrong!! Nice and strong too!! They also have a night club at the hotel where we ventured into for a boogy!! Had a great laugh here, and thought it was a brilliant idea. The music was fab and it was just on your doorstep!! It was always busy, and accomodated for people on all different kinds of holidays!!
The staff were brilliant and we couldnt thank them enough. They really look after the guests, they arnt over-powering, they dont hassle you, but they are always there if you need something!! They are a really hard working bunch, but always are ensuring everyone us having a good time! They couldnt have been more friendly, entertaining or helpful, and are one of the best points at this hotel.
We are looking to head back August/September and we will most definatly be booking at this hotel. Cant wait to see you all again!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Amy-BHC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Firstly in response to the other reviews that have recently been left - If you call paying over £1k for two adults and one child and receiving no hot water a bargain then stay here!
We came here on the pretence that we were staying in a lovely 4* hotel, in a suite which slept five people and was all inclusive. I don't judge hotels abroad on their star ratings as they are never the same as Britain and I read the reviews before we went and thought we will make the most of it.
We arrived in the middle of the afternoon and the check in lad asked us if we wanted to pay for a safe (nothing out of the ordinary I hear you say) we declined and went up to our "suite"
As I have said I paid for a suite that slept five people - so why were there only two beds in there?! My son had to sleep on a sofa for the entire week!! I wasn't too bothered apart from the fact that I had paid for a bed! When I asked for another room I was told this was their biggest. It was also in the living area of the suite and so had no air conditioning as this was in the bedroom.
There were other little niggles that I thought "well what do you get when you go all inclusive etc etc" and thought they weren't that bad. These things were the bar ran out of glasses roughly four times a day, there were never any sunbeds by the pool as everyone had put their towels on them to reserve them, we were quite a way out of the resort of Marmaris even though I had been told we were close, the food was edible but was repetitive and limited BUT things soon changed for the worst!
We went out on a trip for the day and it was a hot day so we all wanted a shower before we went out for the evening, when we got back we found we had no hot water! I went to complain and was looked at like I came from Mars and told "the hotel doesn't have hot water between 5pm and 11pm" when I said what can I do? My small children need a bath I was told there was nothing he could do!! So we went out having not showered! The next day we cut short our trip out so we were back by 4pm in order to get a shower but again we had no hot water! This soon turned out to be a regular thing. Each time we complained we were told there was nothing they could do and we were welcome to use the Turkish Bath showers - at a cost'! The bed sheets weren't changed all week, I know this as my bed had a nasty stain on it when I arrived. The bath towels were only changed once and the room wasn't exactly that clean! There were two dogs chained up at the back of the hotel which we overlooked and they barked regularly at night waking us all up. As I have said the food was edible but nothing special, I lived on soup and bread most of the week, you could have a full english breakfast or a three course a la carte meal in the evening - if you paid for it! The drinks were watered down and were very limited - again you could have anything else but you had to pay for them. You also had to pay for the entertainment on three nights! I don't think this should be classed as all inclusive. If you didn't pay you didn't get entertainment! On our last day I had to set my alarm for 6am in order to get up and get out to the pool to get our towels on a bed in order to spend the day by the pool!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even if they are looking for a bargain, it is a disgrace to Turkey and should be closed down. On a plus side, we went out for dinner at Violets for my son's birthday and the staff and food there was excellent! They gave us a free cake, free ice cream, free sweets, really looked after the children and generally made us feel so welcome. Just such a shame we had to return to Seray Forest!

5 Thank kirsty1977

Travellers are raving about these Armutalan hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Just got back from a week long stay at Club Seray Forest...I have to say from start to finish was excellent in every aspect. Having read some less than glowing reviews before embarking on this trip, I admit to being a little apprehensive as to what we might find but to temper these negative reviews, there were plenty of more positive ones. we arrived tired and bedraggled after arriving at Dalaman airport at 03.45 am with two grouchy teens,and enduring a hot sweaty couple of hours transfers. The bus dropped us off at the gates and we approached the hotel and were already pleasently suprised the hotel is situated against a lovely back drop of a pine covered mountain in an elevated position overlooking the surrounding hotels and residential dwellings.Even in our tired frame of mind we were impressed. We went to the reception the guy was friendly and advised us to purchase a safety deposit key at a cost of £20 - small price to pay for peace of mind. We were informed that the hotel was exclusively all inclusive so there was no need for wrist bands.
The rooms were spacious having formely been self catering apartment ,having ample ammenities and was clean and comfortable. On awaking we went straight down to the pool opting for a day just lounging and getting a feel for the place. The pool is lovely and has a water slide and plenty of sun loungers. there was a poolside bar where all inclusive drinks could easily be got.Having a pretty teenage daughter we noticed that she got plenty of attention but none of it sleazy or disturbing and it must be bore in mind that a lot of the bar/waiting staff are little more than young lads themselves. We had missed breakfast but at lunch we found that the food though maybe a little bland ,was fine and what you would expect from all inclusive. The water slide is switched of at 11.30 am prompt to encourage people to get ready for lunch and then switched on at 2pm whilst 4 pm. At this time the entertainment staff Yapi and Jake(who are both lovely) come and provide some ordered entertainment which sometimes was water polo which my kids and my equally big kid of a partner absolutely loved.They had a programme of activities which helped to occupy the kids and adults alike which included darts quizzes and allsorts of little things.The night time entertainment was good too maybe not an all singing caberet ( that the ever moaning contingency seem to expect for the small price paid) but Yapi and Jake work pretty hard to make fun evenings for everyone...As a family we particularly enjoyed the Kareoke. The bar staff all work very hard often stilll working as we left (often fairly late and a little worse for wear having fully partaken of the two for one cocktails offer which is availiable after all inclusive finishes at 11 pm)and bless them long before we were up but never failed to be helpful, though sometimes seemed subdued usually as some tin pot Hitler had complained which promptly gets them severely remprimanded by the perpetually dour yet oddly amusing bar manager. I noticed that some people seemed to think that paying less than hundred quid in some cases for all inclusive gets them a hotel on par with the Ritz.All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were lovely unerringly overworked underpaid all too often bearing the brunt of some rude nit picking guests dissatisfaction. We highly recommend this hotel if you can accept you are not in a five star hotel and relax enjoy your stay in this lovely friendly hotel, would return in a heartbeat!

8 Thank Katrina035
Reviewed 10 June 2011

After Reading the reviews. We were expecting the worst. And was geared up for it in a postive way. But when we were there were left wondering what the bad reviews were for. Me and my family had a brilliant time were made to feel very wanted. The pool guy was great. Also azad(chicken) was great and funny and my kids were always around him and laughing. All the staff work very hard. The food is very Turkish and my kids did not struggle with this and always had there plates full. I like how it was a little out of the way of marmaris but very easy to get into marmaris a 3 minute walk to the bus. Which cost 60p and took about 5-10 mins to get there. Had a brilliant holiday and will be returning

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Chiefmesser
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Cannot understand why there are so many bad reviews. We were here for 1 week and had a wonderful time,all the staff are lovely and will do anything to help you. Im a picky person and found something to eat every day,so i was happy, my husband has a sweet tooth so loved the coffee break each day at 4 to 5 pm with many different cakes. The food was varied and fresh,Eddie the restaurant manager and all his team worked very hard every day to try and keep every one happy.The view from our room was lovely we stayed in room 101, the room was clean and spacious.Turkey is a lovely place and we will go back. All in all i can say we had an excellent holiday and great value for money at this all inclusive hotel.

Room Tip: If you can ask for rooms at the front ,sea views.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank jaz97
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We arrived late at night, got to our room which was basic but clean. Small bath with no plug but had a great view.
The location is quite cultured which we enjoyed. we were able to walk to town but it was easier to get the bus.
The staff were friendly and the food was great, but for all you people that expect to get english food everywhere you go the food was quite Turkish but remember you are in Turkey.
We loved the pool and slide but it wasn't on all day.
We did go back to Turkey in June but stayed nearer the town.
Entertainment was limited in May but when we we're bk in june we visited the hotel and there was more going on.
If you not to fussy and want a basic clean hotel then you'll be fine but other wise go else were...

Pool area is fab, plenty of deck chairs, they're always coming around to collect empty cups and keep things tidy. Bar is good too, quite simple, but supplies all the alcoholic and non-alcohlic drinks you'll need! Food is the only thing I'd heard people complain about, for me personally it was perfect. Lots of turkish foods mixed in with British staples like chips etc. Quite basic? Yes. Delicious? Yes!! All inclusive bar ends at 11pm, but we'd gotten all the drinks we needed by then ;) bar stays open till about 12.30am depending on how busy it is.

Health and safety is lacking a bit when it comes to the slide, few kids were going down standing up and stuff, made me nervous sometimes, but the staff did say something if it looked like it was getting out of hand. I suppose you have to remember you're not in the EU

another great thing is the website what we have seen on the internet before we flied is called ago travel is arranging so cheap airport transfer and daily excursions what adds more fun while you are at vacation..the reason why we trusted to this company was the plenty recommendations by lots of british people on trip advisor therefore we have decided to prebook out trips through internet that was really good cause in this case nobody gives you hassle headache or nagging…first of all we have booked airport transfer what is costed only 10 pound per person and took only 1 hour to get Marmaris which is fantastic and we booked turkish bath jeep safari and all inclusive boat trip ;we didnt pay any Money until we got there the rep who Works for Ago Travel came to hotel to meet us and gave us the tickets for trips and we paid that time.it was well worth Money it was good value for what we paid thanks amillion to Ago Travel for this service and hospitality and we recommend to everyone this airport transfer and trips.You can check www.agotravel.com if you are interested have agreat holiday from now…..

Overall I was so happy with my stay here, naturally I was nervous as it wasn't the hotel we'd originally booked, but I'm overjoyed we stayed at the Club Seray now! Didn't want to come home!!

6 Thank derickbelfast
Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Just got back from Marmaris after a lovly stay at the Seray Forest. We did worry after seeing some of the reviews from last year but we neednt have as it is definatly not like that now. Everything was brilliant, The food could not have been better, we definatly had our moneys worth of food and drink on the all inclusive package, and it all tasted delightful. There was plenty to choose from every day, and we always went back for more!! The staff were really nice too. They really made us feel welcome and were really helpful too. The maid service was more then enough and the rooms were kept very clean, which i always worry about when i go to hotels but this was spotless. Overall we had an excellent stay here, and we will most def be going back i peak season!! Well worth the money, and highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Fifi_T123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Club Viva Hotel
#50 of 234 in Marmaris
Prestige Hotel & Apart
Prestige Hotel & Apart
#94 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Grand Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!