“go somewhere else in marmaris to stay”

Grand Panorama Hotel
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Armutalan
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“go somewhere else in marmaris to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived early hours in morning to which people were fighting with staff which we find unacceptable.. we got our room which was clean and tidy.. went down to get breakfast in morning which was inedible no fresh fruit no cereal so we end up paying for breakfast elsewhere so we had a nice walk but the beach is longer than it says on internet so we went back up chilled out at pool which was ok we went in for lunch which I wouldn't give to my dogs and the dinners were like slop as well the bar closes at 22:00 the managers an staff have attitude problems shop next to it there better the alcohol was gettin tampered with so it meant we had to buy food an alcohol somewhere else wen we were all inclusive.. So not a good place to go in my eyes

Room Tip: Find a better hotel in a decent location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kate5868

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks and was dreading going as I had a read at all the reviews that people had been writing. This hotel is not as bad as everyone thinks, as the staff are very helpful they get you what you want ASAP, they have manners and are also polite. The hotel itself is ok needs a whole new makeover as it is not an up to date hotel and is old fashioned not really a family hotel. My daughter who is 11 months had a ball she loved the pool and the staff always made her laugh. Was nice to also lay beside the pool as they had the best of weather and always got a sun lounger. Overall this hotel is ok.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Armutalan hotels

Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can't believe ppl are putting goo reviews up here ! Even when ppl comment with good value for money I do not think even if this holiday was given to me for free I would ever return! The staff were rude,! On arrival at this hotel we were greeted by two creepy staff , they were rude and we were left to find our room on our own early hours of the morning!, good was worst I have ever seen , not a lot of choice and hot food was very rarely actually hot!, rooms dirty and smelly, shower only half worked and water was always cold, holes in livingroom furniture!, I have visited turkey every yer for past 4 years and never saw anything like this to be honest!, location is also poor right up in a mountain! When booking advert intent stated marmaris , this is not marmaris it I armutalan , more of a residential estate for local Turks , dark and scary would not be alone at night round about the area, so on a whole this was by far worst hotel and holiday ever ! An again I don't know who in their right mind can write a positive review of this Hotel and my personal opinion! Xox thanks for reading and please stay away!!!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I went to this hotel last year with my mum, add little sister.
My dad had booked us a family suite and not expecting the worst we got to the hotel and we got put in a room with a double bed and 1 single bed. For obvious reasons that wasn't what we had booked in the first place and there was 4 of us therefore we needed 2 singles and a double. My dad went to go have a look on the balcony and when he opened the door, the door physically came off the hinges. To think that was bad, once he got on to the balcony we were facing a wall. Both my parents rushed down to reception and reported everything to the reception. The receptionist didn't seem bothered what so ever and gave us another room.

We made our way to the new room with the poor bell boy apologising to us about the problems(definitely wasn't his fault..poor boy). We got into a room with 2 single beds and a double, that as one thing fixed. I opened the door on the balcony and this one didn't come off the hinges but the problem never got any better there. We were now facing a forest and there was a huge Rottweiler and a boxer outside our balcony. I don't mind dogs but when they're constantly barking, growling and getting no attention what so ever it's not right. The dogs never got fed, watered or anything and they were chained to a fence 24/7. I know you shouldn't feed them but it was animal cruelty what they were doing to them. We fed them and we were always giving them water.
The rooms are disgusting and the sink in our bathroom wobbled. Really worrying considering my sister is only little.

We went for. A look around the hotel and my dad wanted to see where the gym was so we went downstairs as there was a sign telling us where to go. Turns out there was no gym..I know you don't go on holiday to go to the gym but if it's advertised you would expect it to be there.

The food, I'm not a fussy eater but it was disgusting
There was no animation team and barely any entertainment at night.

The pool is average with a slide. Spent most days there if not down the beach or doing another activity.
The jeep safari is highly recommended, we booked with a guy about a 5 minute walk down the street from the hotel.

I couldn't fault the baristas/waitresses, the restaurant workers and chefs and of course the bell boys. The cleaners done a really god job and everything was clean.

Some if the guys were extremely creepy around little girls. I was sitting at a table one night and a guy came over and put his hand half way up my thigh, told me he loved me etc - creepy.

A holiday is what you make of it at the end of the day but if you're not bothered about the hotel, food and you're only going for some sun this is for you. I definitely wouldn't go again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chloe H
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

There is no flat screen TV , Luxury furniture or the vast amount of food choice you get from 4* or 5*, but also no 5* price tag.
The rooms are a good size, a lounge area with fridge and balcony and bedroom, basic look but clean.
Food choice could be better, with more variety on offer, food was occasionally served cold, ( not kept hot during period of mealtime`s ), but appeared to improving towards the end of our 10 night stay.
On a personal choice, I would have liked to see table tennis and pool tables available.
Karen and Christine were helpful throughout, Hotel staff friendly and helpful ( except for one ).
Our room was close to the lift shaft, so some disturbance with lift motor noise, but not excessive.
The hotel was well out of centre, but only 2 Lira into Mamaris, but did good view over Marmaris and to the mountain beyond.
Overall this was better then we had expected looking at some previous reviews, and much better when you compared the holiday to the price we paid.
Note to Karen - the arranged transfer went well, many thanks.
David & Christine

Room Tip: Not direct over pool, due to noise from bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David L
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived on May 28th for 1 week... When we arrived at the hotel we where greeted by a creepy guy behind the reception who photocopied out passports and showed us to our room. When we where on our way to out room he was rubbing my 16 yrs old neices hair which i immediately felt very uncomfortable with.. Although I decided not to mention it as I know turkey culture... I felt the room was clean, tidy and decent for the money... The food now drink was upto much... Drinks where rotten, beer was watered down and bar staff very rude and sour faced.... The food was poor we eat out most nice as the food was giving us all the runs very very poor... Toast and jam was the only thing that was decent... A few days into the holiday my niece was down in the reception area using the wifi and the creepy receptioist guy was trying to lure my niece behind the hotel in a sexual way... The folowing morning i immediately reported this to the manage who reassured me that it would be dealt with... And went on our way on the jeep safari trip that day (which was excellent may i add) once the trip was over we got asked if we wanted to buy the dvd of our adventure so we gave the guy a 30 lira deposit and was told to leave the other 70 lira at reception and our DVDs would be left there for collection... There was also 2 beautiful ladies who worked at the reception during the day (the creepy guy only being in at nite) so i though best to leave the money with them as i never trusted this guy.... Anyway the jeep safari guy cant to the hotel to find no money left at reception, it had disappeared... So the two ladies Karen and Krissy searched the office and reception high and low for my 70 lira but nothing turned up... The creepy guy had stole the money... I was not until he was confronted about it that mysteriously the money turned up (thanks two Karen and krissy) but because we had no proof nothing could be done... Anyway the following nite my neice was practacly attacked by this creepy guy from reception... I went Absolutley mental... Having the manager called in to reassure me he would not even look at us the remainder of our holiday.... As we where leaving the following day we decided to get our heads down and call it a nite as everyone was tired... Apart from this creepy guy and poor food/drink... I leave with nice memories of friend we made on this holiday the friends we made, made the holiday for us.....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank leed2001uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

As the title suggests you get what you pay for if your looking for a cheap holiday and book online your going to get what you should expect as we did it cheap it was what we expected we stayed 2 weeks me n my boyfriend and to say we are young and yes hotel out the way not on beach it is resdenual area or marmaris we didn't mind walking to the center instead of paying for bus get to see the difference of how people live. The food at the start was not the best but as time went on it gets better got to give them chance if you were paying through Thomas cook or any other travel agents and paying over a thousand pp I'd say ud of been ripped off but if paying £400 pound each then it is great for what it is Karen the guest representative was lovely and helpful and some of the staff one of the waiters that everyone called elvis was amazing and a good laugh. As I sed at the start it is what you pay for

5 Thank Eliza LiLi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Kervansaray Marmaris
Club Alpina Apartments Hotel
Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
#163 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Grand Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!