“More Like 2 Star!!”

Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Wirral
“More Like 2 Star!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Where to start...Basically you get what you pay for... Apparently just opened up again last month..new everything??... The only thing I could see that was new were the towels that were not allowed out of your room!! We watched many people sent back to their rooms with them!!
The hotel is set at the top of a hill, which has nice views from the front of the hotel. Pool area was clean, but crammed! The night entertainment which we only seen about half an hr of was non existent.. People singing B.i.n.g.o and twinkle twinkle little star!! We found the town much more appealing, even the bars down the road make a better night!
The staff.. Probably about 15 staff on at a time all if which stood around doing nothing most of the time, and the night staff all sat by the shop until 5am making lots of noise, waking us up on most nights!
The food was lacking any flavour, only 3 hot choices unless you want chips!! Most of the meat was processed at lunch time, and dinners left overs from the night before seemed to always be in the chilled section!! Dinner was always dry and over cooked!! Breakfast... What breakfast!! If you weren't down at 8am there would be none left an nothing replenished.. You were simply told, all gone!! As for drinks the A/I hotel does not mention in its description that the drinks consist of draught beer, wine, vodka or gin!! If you want anything else that is payable at the other bar! Bear in mind that you can't get a tea/coffee til 8am so a kettle is advisable!!
We ate out for the duration of our time here, and found it didn't break the bank and was well worth the money!! Overall if you want a bed for the night this hotel suits if your looking for the 4* A/I you've been looking at book some where else!! Would not recommend or stay here again...

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrive early hours 3rd June 2015. Our room hadn't been serviced but we were given another which had a good view. The food was not very good at all and we ate very little at the hotel. The only all inclusive beer was a draft beer served in small plastic beakers. The barman was rude and lazy. There was only one bar open and one buffet restaurant. There was a shuttle bus to the beach in the mornings and if you missed it, there was a local bus service into marmaris every 10 minutes or so which only cost 2 lira per person each way. However, it was a bit of a walk up and down the steep hill. The entertainment was awful and very infrequent.
Good points - we were lucky enough to have a room at the front which had a lovely view of Marmaris. However, the rooms at the rear of the hotel look out straight into the mountainside with no view at all.

Room Tip: Do NOT have a room at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul D

Travellers are raving about these Armutalan hotels

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel a year ago so my review may be slightly outdated (so please bear that in mind) I'm not usually one for writing these but I thought that I probably should as I realised how much these impact on people's decisions of where to go while choosing my holiday for this year. Anyway, so last year my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere nice to go away for two weeks on a budget. We found this hotel and were blown away by the cheap price (£380 for two weeks all inclusive) and so booked it. However, when I read the reviews, I wanted to cancel because they were all awful! I see that they have improved a bit now though which is good!!

So when we got to the hotel after weeks of expecting something like the hotel in 'The Inbetweeners movie' we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived! Honestly, the hotel is nothing like the bad reviews say:
1. The staff were all great! I don't know what people's problems are with them but treat them with respect and they will do the same for you! The only unpleasant people that we encountered were some of the other guests!
2. The food is really nice- most of it is authentic Turkish and they did a BBQ every night which was great. If you want English food- stay at home! Alternatively, just go out to eat at, if you paid similar to us, you could be in self catering for the same price.
3. The location was lovely- the hotel is situated on a big hill which means that you are out of the way from the noise and the views are beautiful. If you want to go to the beach or into town then just get the bus.

If you want a five star hotel in the lap of luxury, then you're probably going to have to expect to pay a bit more. However, this hotel offers a great time with amazing value for money and judging by the more recent reviews- it is still improving!

5 Thank Stefi M
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived early hours in morning to which people were fighting with staff which we find unacceptable.. we got our room which was clean and tidy.. went down to get breakfast in morning which was inedible no fresh fruit no cereal so we end up paying for breakfast elsewhere so we had a nice walk but the beach is longer than it says on internet so we went back up chilled out at pool which was ok we went in for lunch which I wouldn't give to my dogs and the dinners were like slop as well the bar closes at 22:00 the managers an staff have attitude problems shop next to it there better the alcohol was gettin tampered with so it meant we had to buy food an alcohol somewhere else wen we were all inclusive.. So not a good place to go in my eyes

Room Tip: Find a better hotel in a decent location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kate5868
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks and was dreading going as I had a read at all the reviews that people had been writing. This hotel is not as bad as everyone thinks, as the staff are very helpful they get you what you want ASAP, they have manners and are also polite. The hotel itself is ok needs a whole new makeover as it is not an up to date hotel and is old fashioned not really a family hotel. My daughter who is 11 months had a ball she loved the pool and the staff always made her laugh. Was nice to also lay beside the pool as they had the best of weather and always got a sun lounger. Overall this hotel is ok.

Glasgow
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can't believe ppl are putting goo reviews up here ! Even when ppl comment with good value for money I do not think even if this holiday was given to me for free I would ever return! The staff were rude,! On arrival at this hotel we were greeted by two creepy staff , they were rude and we were left to find our room on our own early hours of the morning!, good was worst I have ever seen , not a lot of choice and hot food was very rarely actually hot!, rooms dirty and smelly, shower only half worked and water was always cold, holes in livingroom furniture!, I have visited turkey every yer for past 4 years and never saw anything like this to be honest!, location is also poor right up in a mountain! When booking advert intent stated marmaris , this is not marmaris it I armutalan , more of a residential estate for local Turks , dark and scary would not be alone at night round about the area, so on a whole this was by far worst hotel and holiday ever ! An again I don't know who in their right mind can write a positive review of this Hotel and my personal opinion! Xox thanks for reading and please stay away!!!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I went to this hotel last year with my mum, add little sister.
My dad had booked us a family suite and not expecting the worst we got to the hotel and we got put in a room with a double bed and 1 single bed. For obvious reasons that wasn't what we had booked in the first place and there was 4 of us therefore we needed 2 singles and a double. My dad went to go have a look on the balcony and when he opened the door, the door physically came off the hinges. To think that was bad, once he got on to the balcony we were facing a wall. Both my parents rushed down to reception and reported everything to the reception. The receptionist didn't seem bothered what so ever and gave us another room.

We made our way to the new room with the poor bell boy apologising to us about the problems(definitely wasn't his fault..poor boy). We got into a room with 2 single beds and a double, that as one thing fixed. I opened the door on the balcony and this one didn't come off the hinges but the problem never got any better there. We were now facing a forest and there was a huge Rottweiler and a boxer outside our balcony. I don't mind dogs but when they're constantly barking, growling and getting no attention what so ever it's not right. The dogs never got fed, watered or anything and they were chained to a fence 24/7. I know you shouldn't feed them but it was animal cruelty what they were doing to them. We fed them and we were always giving them water.
The rooms are disgusting and the sink in our bathroom wobbled. Really worrying considering my sister is only little.

We went for. A look around the hotel and my dad wanted to see where the gym was so we went downstairs as there was a sign telling us where to go. Turns out there was no gym..I know you don't go on holiday to go to the gym but if it's advertised you would expect it to be there.

The food, I'm not a fussy eater but it was disgusting
There was no animation team and barely any entertainment at night.

The pool is average with a slide. Spent most days there if not down the beach or doing another activity.
The jeep safari is highly recommended, we booked with a guy about a 5 minute walk down the street from the hotel.

I couldn't fault the baristas/waitresses, the restaurant workers and chefs and of course the bell boys. The cleaners done a really god job and everything was clean.

Some if the guys were extremely creepy around little girls. I was sitting at a table one night and a guy came over and put his hand half way up my thigh, told me he loved me etc - creepy.

A holiday is what you make of it at the end of the day but if you're not bothered about the hotel, food and you're only going for some sun this is for you. I definitely wouldn't go again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chloe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Club Viva Hotel
#107 of 234 in Marmaris
Selen 2 Hotel
Selen 2 Hotel
#72 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Grand Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!