Grand Panorama Hotel
Epic Hotel(Armutalan)
HotelQuickly
Rayon Apart(Armutalan)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks in this hotel and after reading the reviews vefore we went I really thought we were in for a nightmare, however it really wasn't as bad as some have made out.

We arrived at 7am to be met by Emre and told they werent expecting us til the day after (not sure I belive this I think they wre just overbooked which did seem to be a theme at this hotel) however he opened the refreshments early for us so we could get a drink and gave us somewhere to get changed so we could go in the pool while we waited for our room. By 11am we were taken upto our room and to be perfectly honest I could not have asked for more. We had a double bedroom and sofa beds in the living room. The whole aparment was spotlessly clean and was cleaned regularly throughout the stay with clean bedding and towels every other day. The cleaner for our floor was also a lovely lady who would leave extra little touches like towel boats and such. Our room was over the front of the hotel and the view from the balcony is amazing. The pool and communal areas were also kept spotlessly clean.

Now unfortunatley to the negatives - Some very innappropriate music round the pool during the day which I did have to complain about.
The food wasn't great however most guests seemed to be expecting 5 star food from a 3 star hotel, we always managed to find something to eat. The staff in the hotel were not the friendliest, including Karen who has been raved about in previous reviews, however everytime we spoke to her she was moaning and slagging off the guests and other staff. However my biggest dissapointment was the lack of any nightime entertainment.

The hotel is in a reasonable location and a 5 minute walk down the hill takes you to some lovely restaurants and the dolmus stops.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Trishwright
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am writing this from the hotel and it is my first ever review. Having spent a thousand pounds for 3 people to stay here for 10 days I feel that others need to be warned!

Checking in
We booked from 4th August but arrived at 7am on the 5th as we had a night flight. We were finally seen at 7'45am and told that they couldn't find our booking. (We were not the only ones,3 other families were also told this) after I telephone the emergency booking office we were told that they did have our booking but did not have a room available until 10am. We had been travelling all night with a child and were really tired and put out. No apology was made, no refreshments were offered. When I asked if we could have a cup.of coffee I was told that breakfasts was available from 8am.
The receptionist was a boy of 18 and had no idea what to do. Not his fault clearly poor management.
Rooms
We were finally given a room at 10:30 after I constantly hassled the receptionist. The room has a double bed and an adjoining room with a single bed. There is only air conditioning in the double room so if like me you have a teenager in the front room in 40 degree heat and no AC it isn't very pleasant. Although after 8 days I learnt that fans were available on a first come first served basis for a fee.

Safety
There is an alarming amount of signs around the hotel stating that the management take no responsibility for the theft of items therefore guests should buy a safety deposit box. We were very concerned that this could be interpreted by staff as "take what you like it's not our problem".

There was a lot of broken glass in the pool that guests kept fishing out, when the staff were informed they said that they couldn't do anything.

The drain grate around the pool is so dangerous a child needed stitches in her foot as a result of it being so sharp.

There a 4 main courses to chose from.
Mainly meatballs, stuffed pepper, pasta and beans.

Again first come first served and once it's gone its gone! Plenty of boiled eggs for breakfast thou.

Staff

Karen is the manager and clearly only works here as she can't get a job anywhere else! She is unprofessional slagging of staff to guests, shouts at guests and is overall totally unhelpful. She moans about her job and only having one day off when quite frankly no one cares!

Most of the staff are male and rude. They will ask most females if they have boyfriend it is clear that there are families here.

Would never come back here, definitely not a 4 star.

The slide is fun though.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Bethany T
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived in morning met by Jaren taken to 4 floor we'd been told we'd get twin rooms absolutely hilarious what they consider twin rooms ... Only one bedroom other bed in lounge ... Teenage boys had to slept in sofa beds u wouldn't even et my cat sleep on, asked to be moved only to be told will do tomorrow ... Never moved . Pool too small for number of guests . Food edible only just. No manager at all , staff rude . Cutlery always shirt as are plates . Unhygienic as plates and saucers cracked and all mismatched . Can't think why Karen is there ? No management skills . Eating times a joke no queue everyone for themselves not enough seating. Dint go to downstairs toilets pee on the floor Frances in the bin health hazard surprised no one seriously I'll . Don't go to the hairdresser her combs and brushes not cleaned or sterilised . We wanted a family holiday for that hotel is superb really quiet and in beautiful part of town ... But hotel management really need to take note of reviews and complaints . Take lots of hand sanitiser with you

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank egyptianshiekh
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Never seen four stars, over 30 people taken ill in the two weeks we stayed there, and still no admittance from the hotel that it was there fault, no utensils in the serving area unless you asked for them, Russians using their bare hands to get food on their places absolutely gross, drinks an absolute joke, the guy looking after the slide turned off the water every time anyone smaller than him went down on a lilo for example, but the Russian lads/grown men were allowed to go down on their feet if they wanted and not a word was said, it's no place to bring children, no kids club no entertainment , the shop owner wants your money so does the hairdresser do does the tattooist, not forgetting the Turkish bath n spa also want your cash,your not allowed to talk on the balcony at night, yet sorry to mention them again but it's ok for the Russians to go to the side of the pool in the early hours and have themselves a party and nothing is said , I honestly think this joke of a hotel should be taken off sale for British people coz they are just not welcome, but for Karen god only knows what would happen to the poor people who are booked in , very unhappy and totally devastated I chose this hellhole :( PLEASE AVOID !!!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Janette M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

am here now with my boyfriend as we arived they put us in the bottom floor it is literly unberable to stay in its so noisy we asked to move and still havent moved us! THERES NOT MANAGER IN THE HOTEL. the staff lauged at me when i went down to flip. there is no customer service atall. the food is is okay and the pool is ok. i really am not fussy where i stay but this is a piss take. your better saveing up more and going to a beter hotel. onistly its vile its a 2 star hotel

• Stayed: August 2014