All reviews entertainment every night next year owners mehmet and roberto half board turkey year after year home from home second home bedroom apartment fantastic holiday feel so welcome clean apartments turkish night big family cant wait great entertainment self catering
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay here based on great reviews for the price and the constant repeat custom they have.
Booked a 2 bed apartment as there was 6 of us but upon arrival we were told they had given us a 3 bed villa style which I thought was great. However, on viewing the place I wasn't happy. It was in the older block and is in desperate need of a revamp. I'm not fussy when a room is just to sleep in but this wasn't acceptable. Asked for another room and they moved us no problem. The 2 bed apartment was spacious and basic but I wasnt expecting the Ritz for the money we paid.
The do push the half board a lot and we upgraded for a week's worth as it was value for money and as we were there for 16 nights it meant we could still eat out.
Food was good, breakfast was lovely and for evening meal you get the pitta, soup and main meal so defo worth the money.
Drinks were a tad expensive and although local spirits are bogoff you couldn't really taste the alcohol in them and I remained sober the whole holiday when I drank there (I was on vodka and coke).
Entertainment:
This is on a weekly Rota in the evening and after seeing the entertainment once, you don't really want to see it again so tend to go out on the repeat nights. Ideally they need a 2 week Rota to keep customers there.
In the day there is bingo at 2.30 and Chez is very entertaining doing it. He always raised a chuckle from me with his sayings. They also do water polo if people will play.
We did speak to Jack one evening saying they should do a bit more in the day like water gym and dancing round the pool and fair play they did then try that but the lovely Afra did struggle to get people to participate. We made sure we did but were mostly the only ones who did so I would say you have to make an effort to join in if you want some fun in the day. If u don't join in, don't complain there is nothing. That being said, they advertise nightly entertainment on the boards so ideally they should include adverts for the daily events and times which may help participation.
With regard to reviews of them always asking for money for raffles, open the box etc.... Yes they do and it can become a little tiresome after a while but I can understand why they do it as the accommodation cost is so low they have to make extra money somewhere. If u don't want to pay, just say no and stick to it.
Pool was ok and clean.
The staff work really hard and are friendly and remember your names pretty much immediately and Chez and Jack are always checking you are ok. Those 2 plus Afra I would say are great and will miss their personalities.
You have to pay for aircon, safety deposit box and fans if u want them.
Kitchen has kettle, 2 ring hob and toaster. Bathrooms have a hairdryer.
You can pay for things as you go or have a tab for your room but make sure you check the tab and pay each day as us and our friends who were also there had drinks mixed up on bills on occasions but I don't think this was intentional.
Overall the stay was value for money but there are a few improvements needed in my opinion to which we did leave our suggestions.
Location is great and only few minutes walk to bars etc and taxi rank is close if u want to head further out.
Would I stay again? Probably but maybe only for a week as the repetition became a little monotonous and they need to shake it up a little to keep your attention for the whole holiday.
They also need to keep an eye on sunbed situation as we got frustrated with people leaving towels early nearest to the pool and not using beds until the afternoon, this was addressed once but they need to keep reminding people as new people arrive.
Overall, we had a good time but a few improvements needed to make it a fantastic time.

1  Thank Supersonicsonia
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Spent 16 nights at the Sun Apartments with my partner and 4 kids.
The room was basic but clean, air conditioning in only the main bedroom but fans were provided when asked for. The hotel itself is cheap enough to book however the extras soon add up such as paying for the air con and a safety deposit box. The food was excellent value for money, we stayed half board for one of weeks we were there, and you can use these 7 days when you choose which gives you the option to venture out to several of the local bars where the food is also great value with them all falling over themselves for your business.
The entertainment becomes very repetitive but I'd say that's the same for everywhere as the entertainers travel from hotel to hotel nighty.
The staff were helpful and friendly, special mentions to Chez and Jack. The lads who work there can be a little annoying continually messing around with the kids while you're sitting at the table, one in particular who speaks little English was a bit creepy.
Understandably this is a business and there is continual pressure to buy open the box tickets, raffle tickets etc and if you buy them daily it soon adds up. The raffle in particular the top prize was not claimed both times, a weeks free holiday. It is not redrawn but the winning ticket stuck on the wall. Maybe the sceptic in me is over thinking this
The pool needs a good clean as there is moss around the sides and under the ledge at the edges of the pool which daily left marks on my trunks.
Overall if your on a budget then this is the place for you. As my title says you get what you pay for. We enjoyed our holiday but wouldn't be in any rush to go back to Sun Apartments. How people can go there year after year is beyond me. There are better places than this to spend your hard earned at, try them!
I have given this a 3 star rating only because I can't give it 3.5. Its slightly better than average but falls short of being very good in all honesty.

1  Thank Chris O
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

May I add to previous comment i stayed in e 15 room ... It's not the poshest room ive ever had but for the money you pay its good value yes i agree it was like a sauna but you could pay for aircon or hire fans . The buildings was old but clean my bedding was clean .. I am not saying my matress was but im not one who goes in a strips my bed to check the underneath part of the complex is older and freinds of ours were put into this area .. they didn't like it so got moved with no hassle
There are signs everywhere saying if you stain our towels with mud baths or suntan oil we will charge you .. they left me a stained towel so i complained they were devastated couldnt apologise enough .. give them he benefit of the doubt if you want a five star go else where if you want a good cheap holiday come here (but not if your a snob who strips the bed to look at your matress)

1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We were given top floor room in block E room 16.
All I can say is this room is not fit for stray dogs never mind my wife and two boys.

I never really had much to do with the pool area as we left first thing in morning and checked into club alpina. Payed extra but we didn’t care as the room was like a sauna
Filthy dirty human hairs every were pissed stains on beds. Nothing like the pics on web site. So we got out quick. Cannot comment on anything els.
But room16 block E. Should be condemned

6  Thank michaelandrewbuckley
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This is a low-cost break, so be realistic with what to expect. The food is great, and the staff are amazing. I would recommend asking for an apartment in A or E block definitely not D block. There were 4 in our group 2 adults and a 12-year-old and 16-year-old. They did say that there wasn’t anything for them to do, but there are water parks and trips you can go on to make the break more fun. You are looking at about £15 per adult for a boat trip half price for the kids, we paid around £25 for a family of 4 on a jeep safari. The place could benefit from entertainment during the day, but they are limited on space there, so only get bingo at 2.30 every day. I will warn you that the staff come around almost daily asking you to buy raffle tickets for open the box, soccer coupon, raffles and it can be annoying when they come to you every day. If you don’t want to take part be firm and say no. The hotel is close to several bars and restaurants and about a 15-20-minute walk to the beach.

I would stay there again as we had a great holiday and the trips are cheap the area is nice to explore, Icmeler (10 minutes by taxi).

Food/Drink: We went half board and the food is excellent, lovely breakfast and a good choice for evening meals, you can pay a bit extra if you fancy a steak on night its about £3 extra but worth it. The alcoholic drinks are not too expensive but certainly not the cheapest to put it into perspective a bottle of beer was approx. £2 and 2 for 1 drink including vodka, £4 for the 2. You can either pay cash as you go, or they will set up a tab for you which I would recommend you settle every day, so you can see what’s on the bill.

Room tip: A or E Block. never D Block