See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 December 2016

After reading the reviews, I must say when I arrived at the property, I was rather disappointed. I was visiting from Canada while I had my brother's family from South Africa with us. We booked the entire house. I will start with the layout, the deck above the garage (in front of the house has a decent view of the water. It's not as close to the beach as pictures will have you believe. Breakfast was average. the layout of the property is very odd. Two bedrooms are very independent and not connected to main house. once the owner sets the night alarm (which you have to tell them when you would retire for night, so they can turn the alarm on), you can not come out of the rooms without setting off the alarm. The other two at the back of the house seems to be rooms for domestic help which have been converted into guest rooms All rooms are rather small and bathrooms average. There is no A/C at this property. If you are familiar with the temperatures on the coast and humidity then think about it.
It was extremely hot the day we arrived. We had the corner room. We opened the windows to allow air to flow through. however lizards and bugs also found their way into the room, needless to say after seeing the lizards in the bath and bedroom I had a very difficult time sleeping.
Owner doesn't expect you to sit in the sitting room. We had travelled from Jo Berg and arrived late. all restaurants in the vicinity were closed. She wouldn't allow us to use her kettle to make tea (we had all ingredients) and was actually very rude about it. Even though we had paid for three nights, we left after night one and found another property :(

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We loved sitting on the verandah. The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. We had a good breakfast, but be aware of the monkeys ( we laughed a lot about them stealing the toast). Very quiet place.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We have been coming to Nalson's view for years now and must say it never fails to deliver! The breakfast is a MUST! The accommodation is neat, clean, comfy and has great attention to detail... Most of all the owners Wendy and Calvin only aim to please. Thanks for going out the way to accommodate our little family. See you soon!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2014

Seldom have I felt so at home and welcomed as I did at this wonderful establishment in Salt Rock. Found by default, had to attend a wedding in Ballito, (horror) and hunted for somewhere and luckily they could accommodate us for a week. The breakfast was awesome, best in a long while, the hospitality even better. Wendy and Kelvin made me right at home until my family arrived from Europe and USA and shared wonderful stories over a couple of bottles of wine. In the good old tradition of Arnie, we will be back! Much better than anywhere I have stayed on the North Coast.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Nalson's View. The rooms are lovely and the breakfast was delicious. ..the best scrambled egg I've had. The dinners were also exceptional (let them know beforehand that you would like dinner and I'm sure they'll oblige). More importantly though, was the way that Wendy and Calvin treated me. By the time I left, only 2 days after arriving, I felt as if I was leaving longtime friends. They are exceptional hosts and make you feel completely at home and welcome. I will most certainly return!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo