“The best!”

Chiriqui Grande, Panama
“The best!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Hello everybody,

I want to share with you all my wonderful experience in a hotel that is in the interamericana way, next to the mcdonalds. I was looking where to spend the night when i looked at a billboard with photos, the hotel was clean and organized, the employees always nice and smiling.
When we entered to the restaurant a young woman opened the door for us and made us feel welcome, i asked the waiter who that was, he told us that that was the manager wich is a rare thing beacuse they dont really get involved.
The important thing that they are an exellent team and i saw one of the owners. I recomend this hotel a 100 percent!

Room Tip: Room 301 great view, is infront of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We found Hotel Cocle to be a good option for an overnight on the way from Boquete to Panama City. Situated right off the Pananerican highway in Penonome, it is new, clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast was average but adequate.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Rotterdam, Net
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just a few minutes from the main Panama-David high way and still the hotel is isolated and quite. New modern hotel, with two small, yet large enough swinging pools, sufficient for grownup as well as young children. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and most importantly clean. Service is friendly and efficient, both in Spanish and English. Food at the restaurant is good and fairly priced. The buffet breakfast is Panamanian and continental style. Our first night we overslept and by the time we got to breakfast – the buffet was over; still the hotel was kind enough to arrange us a large breakfast for free. The next day we were on time. The overall price and quality are great value. I would stay as Cocle Hotel again

Room Tip: get to breakfast on time
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Penonome, Panama
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Excellent! My first experience there was poor. They had an otherwise excellent breakfast buffet but ran out of eggs. Waited almost a half hour but they finally got more. Other than that, I was there for 3 other breakfasts and 3 dinners. All were excellent. Good food quality, taste, and presentation. Abundant parking, excellent service and atmosphere. I was there with 3 friends and we were all happy. Now that the Sweet Tamarindo is gone, this is my favorite restaurant in Penonome. Love the restaurant but will not stay in the hotel. It is super nice but twice the price of any of the other hotels in Penonome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The price of a room with a double bed is $66 per night. My wife and I both called the hotel at different times to confirm a price for a room with 2 double beds, as we were going to share a room with another couple we were travelling with. Over the phone it was confirmed to be $75 per night. Two days later, when we arrived, the price was changed to $146 for this room. First it was denied that it was ever at the price given to us over the phone. Then they recalled that this was a price they had, but it was changed two months ago. Either way,we found it strange that the price more than doubles when you ad another bed to the room.

If the dodging about the prices is not enough to annoy a person, then there was the smug, condescending attitude of the manager dealing with us.

So, my wife and I decided to stay in the Hotel right across the street.

After dinner, my wife and I met up again with our friends and got some ice cream. We then walked over to their hotel to play cards on one of their tables in the courtyard. Security was sent to escort us off the hotel property. They said only hotels guests are allowed past the lobby. We weren't even using any facilities. We were just playing a game of cards with our friends and were invited by our friends who were paying guests. None of this was done in a friendly way. And it was not a language barrier. My wife and I both speak Spanish. We have been living in the country for four years.

So after we made a dignified and professional complaint, we walked across the street with our friends to our hotel and played cards in the restaurant with no problems.

So no, we don't recommend this hotel to anyone. Our friends will not stay there again either. It is a nice hotel, but they have to get it together when it comes to the treatment of guests and potential guests. When people stay in hotels, it is not just because they want a nice facility to spend the night in. They also want a pleasant experience, and the hotel staff / policies has everything to do with that.

So anyway, we recommend the hotel right across the street - the Pradera. It was also nice and clean. The bartender at night is a real nice guy. And was $55 per night for a room with a double bed - breakfast not included. So if you ad the price of breakfast it is about the same price as Hotel Cocle - but without the crap.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank PanamaPete123
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2013

On our recent trip to Panama, our 2nd, we decided to rent a car, drive around the country for 3 weeks, & make discoveries. One of them was the Hotel Cocle which is located right off the Interamericana highway. It is a modern, squeaky clean, well laid out, and excellently staffed establishment. A substantial breakfast is included in the per night fee & WiFi is also.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I went to stay at Hotel Cocle with my brother as it was recommended by a friend that lives a few minutes away whom we went to visit. I was in shock as to how comfortable and modern the rooms were. We were even offered a complimentary welcome cocktail upon arrival. For anyone wondering if there is wifi, they do, its free and its a good signal. Theres a really nice restaurant by the lobby and the bar connectig the restaurant if you want to stay in house to eat or drink, otherwise a few steps away you will find McDonald's, subway and Dominoes Pizza as well as a 24 hr supermarket. Plus across the street is a Bar/Disco.The beds were super comfortable at the hotel, and though our A/C stopped working upon our arrival back to the room at 2 am, the staff was super helpful and friendly and had it repaired within 10 minutes. For our troubles with the A/C they even gave us a late checkout till 5 pm for free. Not even top Hotel chains worldwide have such incredible service. I definitely plan on going back, especially to escape the city. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penonome
Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Anton Valley Hotel
Anton Valley Hotel
#4 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Riu Playa Blanca
Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort
JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort

Been to Hotel Cocle? Share your experiences!