We have stayed in hotels in Penonome over the past 4 years when traveling between Panama and David. Hotel Cocle is new and we have found it to be the best option currently available...
1. new hotel in excellent condition
Highlights: Comfortable beds, Great AC & Hot water!
2. very nice staff
I arrived very late without a reservation. We were greeted by Oscar at about midnight. Despite the hour he was energetic and made sure we had everything needed. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and attentive to our needs.
3. Reasonably priced - standard room rates range between 66+tax to 75+tax depending on the location, for example if located next to the pool. Rates include breakfast.
4. Fast response to concerns. We had a issue with water pressure and hot water. We notified the front desk and in minutes maintenance came and took care of it. Here in Panama, it is common for sediments to clog up pluming. Every now and then you have to clear the faucets and shower heads to allows good flow. When the flow improves, the hot water equipment can then ignite. For those of us that live here, it is not a surprise. What we appreciated was how fast the staff responded and resolve the issue.
5. Excellent WIFI internet throughout the facility. We have an online business, so this is critical for us. We stayed in several rooms and never had problems with the connection. The lobby and restaurant are also well covered.
6. Great Location... you can walk to nearby shops... including supermarket with just about anything you'd need.
Minor Cons: no place is perfect, so here are a few things we found
1. Noise.... hallway walls and floors are all concrete, so noise / echo resonates like mad. That is the standard construction in Panama,so we don't blame the hotel.. Just a heads up that you may be woken up earlier than you'd like by other guests leaving.. or sometimes cleaning staff
2. Breakfast food choice - the include breakfast is "local" It is common to get 1. common Panamanian breakfast meat in sauce with onions, 2. panamanian tortillas, and 3. scrambled eggs... There is also a variety of bread, cheese, cereals and juices. We put it under con because of the lack of variety day to day...We personally decided to order a la carte and get some pancakes and expresso coffee for a few dollars more.
Best Option in Penonome
1. New Comfortable Hotel - beds, ac, hot water all great.
2. Great Staff
3. Great Location
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Cocle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.