Having stayed in several holiday parks in lodges, chalets or caravans this was one of the best I have been to. I went with my daughter and her baby and toddler and was expecting the accommodation to be a bit cramped but it was amazingly spacious and very clean. We used the hot tub every evening which was lovely. The setting is beautiful and the location on the coast near Cromer was ideal for days out. The staff were friendly and helpful rapidly sorting out any minor problems e.g. bits missing from door of fridge and helping us work the washer dryer which was one of the most complicated to use that I've come across!!!
The swimming pool is lovely and has a kids splash pool which was ideal for the baby. The shower facilities are not very good though and run cold very quickly.
My only complaints were on the last day. Several times staff and maintenance men walked across our private terrace where the hot tub is located and right outside the living room patio doors, once even escorting some guests, when the path to access the other lodges was just a few feet away so it was very inconsiderate and intrusive (especially had we been in the hot tub at the time). Also we ate in the restaurant twice, once on the first day which was fine and again on our last evening which was disappointing. They didn't give us a wine list as they didn't have much choice in stock so we ordered a pinot grigio not realising it was £16.95...!!! The steak from the specials menu was good but could have done with some salad or vegetables too. The dessert (2 for 1 but they charged for 2 and I had to get it corrected) was very poor - it was sticky toffee pudding with pistachio ice cream but there was nothing sticky about it at all - it was dry, tasteless and lukewarm. We complained and got an apology but no offer of a refund or an alternative to replace it.
I can't comment on the on-site shop as it was never open when we went past it and it was very small. Not too much of a problem as Cromer has good shops but some parks I've been to have a fairly good shop on site which is handy for odds and ends.
I would definitely come back here again though and have recommended it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodland Holiday Park nestles just off the B1159 coast road, between Cromer and Mundesley, in Trimingham. It provides a perfect destination to enjoy North Norfolk's relaxing pace of life and spend quality time in a tranquil woodland location. Our serene surroundings offer you the ideal place to soak-up the warm sunshine (nearby Sheringham is on record for having the most hours of sunny weather in the UK), take in the fresh, sea air, forget your worries, put the rest of the world into perspective and enjoy yourselves - just what Norfolk holiday parks are about! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Woodland Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Leisure Park Hotel Trimingham
- Woodland Holiday Park Trimingham, Norfolk