We spent a week at Woodlands as a family. 6 adults and 3 children. We shared 1 log cabin (Beech 2) and one of the lodges (Owl 4).
This is a excellent, family friendly site with all the basic amenities - pool, restaurant, games room etc. Beech 2 is set in the woods away from the reception and amenities. It's peaceful and mostly private, although the lodges are closer together than we expected and you are overlooked by neighbours.
The lodges have a different outlook. They are closer to the reception and are set away from trees in a row. They are less private, seem to be older properties but are still well equipped. The stairs to the main bedroom could be dangerous with small children. Both cabins have hot tubs.
Location is good in easy traveling distance of Cromer, Sherringham and Mundesley. During our trip most resorts were still rebuilding after the devastating storms in late 2013. This is important to note because it's affects things like toilets, shops etc.
Staff at were generally friendly and helpful. There were a couple of issues, but these were dealt with effectively. Some general tips are:
- If you are planning to visit for the first time try contacting Woodlands directly. We went through Houseasons and were misled about availability and site layout. We thought Houseasons owned the site, but they don't and only have access to a set number of cabins.
- Check with Wooodlands what they provide, because we took things we didn't need to.
- Although the site claims free WiFi - its really hit and miss. It's very slow and if you can log on it is dependant on the weather and time of day.
- Many local shops only take cash and the shop on site has limited stock and does note sell alcohol. Our trip was one week out of season and a lot of local attractions closed early or were not open at all.
We all agreed we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodland Holiday Park nestles just off the B1159 coast road, between Cromer and Mundesley, in Trimingham. It provides a perfect destination to enjoy North Norfolk's relaxing pace of life and spend quality time in a tranquil woodland location. Our serene surroundings offer you the ideal place to soak-up the warm sunshine (nearby Sheringham is on record for having the most hours of sunny weather in the UK), take in the fresh, sea air, forget your worries, put the rest of the world into perspective and enjoy yourselves - just what Norfolk holiday parks are about! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Leisure Park Hotel Trimingham
- Woodland Holiday Park Trimingham, Norfolk