All reviewsgreat hotelstrombolisalt watergreat viewpool areagelatopublic areassea viewpastriesperfect stayother hotelsfell in lovebeautiful balconyhotel roomlovely poolbit crowdedstayed longer
Reviewed 7 July 2012

A like minded friend recommended Hotel Cincotta and the Island of Panarea to us as our spot to relax and chill during our busy Sicilian adventure.We were a little unsure as it seemed really inexpensive and also I had difficulty getting response to my original emails.
We , we did go and were certainly not disappointed.It is certainly the most perfectly situated hotel on the island,very well taken care of, spotless in all areas,set in gorgeous shrub filled gardens,lovely pool area, large comfortable rooms with balconies and spectacular views across the ocean and Stromboli in the distance
It is family run and we met each member, including the cute little ones.Lina, the Nonna, was my favourite ...I loved our daily chats.The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and went out of their way to be of assistance.The restaurant served superb food with a setting to match.The only weak spot were the breakfasts but then , I suppose it is only a 3 star establishment.
All in all it was exactly what we wanted ....just sorry we only had 4 nights here.We have such fond memories and hope to return one day.In the meantime will keep recommending Hotel Cincotta for others to enjoy on the magical island of Panarea

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shats
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at Cincotta for 3 nights and even extended our stay, we loved it so much. Chincotta is set on the waters edge, right above the little village, so it is the perfect spot to watch the activity of the whole island. Nice simple rooms with amazing views, good pool on the water (only one of two in on the island) and a magic terrace to sip cocktails and watch the sunset. Chincotta is a real gem in the sparking blue waters of the aolian Islands.

Room Tip: Any room with ocean views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Extreme courtesy, spectacular rooms with view, relaxing swimming pool, very good breakfast. Something you will remember for long time together with this little island so full of flowers and so fascinating. If you can, go by end of May-beginning of June.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in July 2011 and have had great memories. The rooms were very meditarrean and the balcony overlooks the ocean and Stromboli. Each evening we could see the lava coming out of Stromboli which was amazing.
Great service and a very simple place that doesn't try to be 'pretentious' like some hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myl0
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Firstly Panarea is a jewel in Italy's crown and a must see if you are down south. It has the Island laid back lifestyle that the other places in Italy lack, Sicily feels like an extension of the mainland and Amalfi and Capri are over run with tourism and carry a slight pretensious attitude. You also get the country style Italian hospitality and culture. I fell in love with this Island. Now hotel Cincotta has prime position atop the left side of the port overlooking the ocean all the way around. It is next to the amazing hotel Raya. If money was no option I may have stayed at Raya, but I was traveling alone and found this place to be the best value for money I have come across in Europe. You can climb down the rocks next to your balcony which run directly in the ocean. The bereakfast is amazing and the staff are great. The food in the restaurant was good too. You can also swing across to hotel Raya whenever you wish and mingle in their super sexy rooftop bar, or dine at the restaurant with all organic cuisine without having to fork out for their rooms. If I had my time over I would stay here for a week, in 2 days I had met many locals who made me feel so at home and invited me to join them for drinks. This island and hotel will always have a place in my heart.
The only negative which I find at most 3star hotels is the decor in the rooms, they could make it look better and probably spend less by stripping it back splashing it with white paint and using crisp white bed linen rather than tacky bedcovers. Less is more for rooms in my opinion. That's a small detail though for an amazing location. I hope this place maintains it's natural beauty for my next visit and does not become too developed and over run.

• Stayed: August 2011