“Fantastic Hotel - we will be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masham
The White Bear Country Inn
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Nice warm welcome to this great hotel.
Nothing was too much, the staff were excellent.
We stayed for evening meal. Mine was excellent, unfortunately my wifes had to be sent back as it was cold, really cold.
Rooms were very well appointed and modern.
Nice lounge area for a quite drink before bed.
Breakfast was amazing - top quality and large portions.
All in all a very nice hotel in Masham and in this price band, the best place.
We love Masham and will definately come back here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here during this year's Sheep Fair. What a treat! We had a gorgeous en suite room; spacious, clean, well decorated and comfortable. We loved it! We also ate here on both nights of our stay and had great food. Tasty, well cooked and inventive. Well done to Sue and her team. We're already booked in for next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here for one night as I was attending a function at the nearby brewery (Black Sheep). I could not fault the bar, the room or the food - everything to a great standard and the staff were absolutely welcoming and the breakfast was simply marvellous - I need only to find a good excuse to return!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The rooms at the hotel are excellent this was our second stay here and chatting to other guests here, it seems everyone comes back.
We stayed in the penthouse suite which is huge it has wooden beams spanning the room wood burner (not real) but makes the place feel really cozy and the room is warm just as well the w burner isn't real. Large bathroom with double sink shower and bath. I have to say the whole room is tastefully decorated you cannot fault it. The pub attached to the hotel is just how a local country pub should be three open fires burning great staff very friendly and accommodating. We had two lovely nights here the food is very good and serving local ales perfect
The white bear is definitely a must give it a try you will not be disappointed

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit staying here. The place is so friendly and welcoming. We got soaked in a downpour while in Ripon, so arrived early at The White Bear. Warmed, dried and thirst quenched in front of the log fire. Then the food was excellent, the room comfy and warm. Superb breakfast to finish off our one night stay. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked to take my husband there for a surprise 50th Birthday weekend, he thought it was just the two of us but family and friends had booked in as well. Sue at the White Bear knew about the surprise and was brilliant in co-ordinating with myself and the those booking rooms. The staff all kept the secret so my husband was completely surprised when friends and relatives turned up over the weekend.

As usual the rooms were beautiful, friends who were visiting for the first time loved the high standard of rooms and facilities. We ate at the pub on both nights and the food was just lovely, you have a choice between bar meals or the full menu which although reasonably priced is more classy restaurant than pub grub. I am Coeliac and Dairy Intolerant but they always ensure they have Soya milk and gluten free bread in and they can always offer me a range of suitable dishes from the menu. I do always let them know when I book just so they know.

This was our fourth visit and I can't wait to go back again so a big thank you to Sue and all the staff at the White Bear for making this weekend so special for us all.

Room Tip: A tour of the Theakstons Brewery is a must whilst you are in Masham, followed by a leisurely tasting...