Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lampers
leeds

Stunning room. Nice stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2021via mobile
We love masham and have stayed here often over the years. This is the first time in the Kings head and we were very impressed with the refurb throughout the bar areas and especially the room. We stayed in number 21 in the courtyard and it was stunning. Split over 2 levels with a dressing area and bathroom downstairs and lovely big bed upstairs.
We did pay £146 for 1 night with breakfast so it wasnt cheap by any means but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
We decided to chance not booking anywhere for an evening meal as we didnt know what we wanted or when. Quickly became apparent this was a silly idea as everywhere was booked up. The chef did cook us a meal up close to the end of service which we appreciated. This was 8.30pm and it was stated the food service ends at 9.30pm so in theory should not have been a problem but none the less we appreciated the short notice.
The reason I've knocked a star off is breakfast was abit of a disaster I'm sure even the staff would agree as I feel they felt the pressure.
We have stayed somewhere else recently that allowed you to self serve the continental part of the breakfast and I feel this would have helped matters 10 fold as it took over an hour for cooked breakfasts to arrive. In that time we could have served ourself the continental parts and it not seemed so bad. As things weren't going to plan we felt we could not really ask for the continental parts as to add to the staffs problems. These things happen and we was not going to let it affect our overall stay, what we did get to eat was very nice. Some other guests however were clearly unimpressed. Overall a very good stay we loved the room and would not hesitate to return.
One point I will make that impressed me was there was a group of men on a mini bus pub crawl who were relatively well behaved just abit loud and when they asked the staff for a big round of jagerbombs the staff refused, obviously putting other patrons and residents first. As disappointing as that will have been to the group of men I was very impressed with the assertive action taken by staff. The girls behind the bar were super friendly all wkend.
Greene King, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 6 Jul 2021
Hello there
Thank you so much for your review.
It really means a lot to us when guests leave such detailed reviews, it means we can try and act upon any issues the best we can.
We do hope the breakfast scenario does not stop you coming back to us.

Kind Regards
      • Booking.com
        £383
      1.0 miles from Kings Head Hotel
      View more hotels in Masham
      All reviews courtyard room greene king coach house market square friendly hotel breakfast service lovely lunch big shout stayed here for nights checking in sunday roast excellent stay dog friendly room couldn t each morning an evening meal cooked fresh
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

The staff were so welcoming and friendly . Nothing was too much trouble .
      Very covid safe .
      Booked in for food on both days and it was fantastic . Great menu and very well priced . Plenty of local ales to try too.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Greene King, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2021

Reviewed 21 June 2021

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a nice stay , the food was very nice as were the staff, only complaints I would make is that the mattress was rock hard, we did request that it was changed or an additional downy would be provided to which we were told would not be a problem but nothing happened, also there was no picture on the TV although the staff did try to fix this however without much success, hopefully these things will be rectified in the future as we would like to return

1  Thank Danny B

Hi there,
      I am so sorry, you did ask me for a mattress topper and I was side tracked with something else and didn't ask the housekeepers to put it on for you!

I do hope this does not stop you returning to us very soon!
      Jo and team Kings

Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

Brilliant! Room was perfect, situation was again perfect, food really good and staff couldn't do enough a truly enjoyable time. The only downside the stay wasn't long enough. Everything was Covid safe. Will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Greene King, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Reviewed 15 June 2021

Stayed from Sunday the 6th of June 2021 for 5 nights in room 8 at the back of the hotel, a very quiet room.
      The stay was fantastic even with the covid rules applied. The hotel is situated in a perfect village just right for touring the dales and over to the lower side of the north Yorkshire moors.
      This a very nice well run hotel with friendly staff. The breakfasts are fantastic and the evening meal menu is excellent.
      The food is always cooked fresh and comes out piping hot.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

I stayed over at the King's Head for Christmas 2020. Arrived on Christmas Eve for 3 nights. With Covid, it was a slightly different type of visit than what was envisaged but was still brilliant. From the welcome on arrival to checking out and then being called back as I forgot my suit. Doh!

Was originally in a great room in the courtyard but almost as soon as I opened the door I got asked if I wanted a bigger room. It was even better.

The food was great, breakfast and dinner, and the beers on tap excellent - just wish there had been more time available to sit and watch the world go by. It felt really Christmassy too - Carols in the market square, and all the lights plus the hotel was well decorated.

Location wise it is perfect for everything. Close enough to go shopping in Leeds, a Christmas walk in Aysgarth, visit the Cheese Factory in Hawes. Not walking distance but not a long drive.

Everything was spotless and nothing was too much to ask for.
      I'm back again for Christmas 2021 and hoping for a more normal time and hope it is every bit as good.

Date of stay: December 2020
      1  Thank Richard H

Thank you so much for your review Richard.