“Best B&B of Masham”

and 1 more site!
Millgate Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Masham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is the Best B&B that I have ever stayed in. My room was very well equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, hair-dryer, iron, flat screen TV and free internet. I needed a letter posting special delivery and Sue did that for me whilst I was on my Cookery course at Swinton Castle. Sue makes the best scones I've ever tasted! If you are in Masham stay here, this place is truly a hidden treasure!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cinkur
SueMillgateMasham, Owner at Millgate Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Cindy
This is a lovely review of your stay at Millgate - Thank you. Thanks too for your gift of Rowan & elderberry Jelly form Swinton Park Estate. The bread you baked whilst on your cookery course at Swinton Cookery School was truly scrumptious and I am looking forward to receiving the recipes. I shall have to up my game with my bread making for your return visit!

The short walk to Swinton Castle from Millgate is a real tonic and I am pleased that the weather was mild & sunny for your visit. I hope that you can come and stay here again if you visit the UK as we loved having you as our guest.

Love & best wishes

Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a fabulous stay we had at the millgate, firstly a lovely welcome by Sue and Andrew followed by warm home made scones and refreshments.
The standard of this B & B is outstanding - even beats some 5 star hotels we have stayed at. The rooms were beautiful, bright and the cleanliness is second to non. The little touches like chocolates on pillows at night and fresh flowers everywhere were just wonderful. The breakfast was just unbelievable, home made bread rolls, cereals, fresh fruit salad followed by what ever you could possibly ask for. Nothing was ever too much trouble. We would just like to thank Sue and Andrew for our delightful stay and can't wait to stay again. Fantastic place and with fantastic owners. Sarah & Mike

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael h

Dear Sarah & Mike
Thank you for this marvellous review of your stay at Millgate B&B. (I should be thanking you for fixing my dripping shower. How kind you are - that is what they call a busman's holiday).

You and your family were delightful guests and we enjoyed having your in our home. Your praise for the food we served has made me feel very proud and your compliments about us were really appreciated. I am overjoyed that you rate us so highly.

We both look forward to your return and wish you all the very best.

Sue & Andrew Burrell.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having read the reviews on trip advisor I was looking forward to our weekend, I wasn't disappointed; warm scones, jam and cream on arrival, our bedroom and bathroom were just perfect very clean had everything we needed and more, Sue and Andrew are perfect hosts make you feel welcome to their home. Breakfasts on both mornings were excellent. Masham is a beautiful town a fifty foot walk from Millgate and you are on the market square, Sue and Andrew have a great knowledge of the local area and pointed us to all the lovely places to visit and things to do. Just couldn't fit everything in! Thank you Sue and Andrew we will be back very soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim C
SueMillgateMasham, Owner at Millgate Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Kim C
Andrew and I were glad to hear that Millgate B&B lived up to your expectations. Thank you - we really appreciate feedback from our guests particularly when a review is as delightful as yours.

There is so much to see and do in Masham and we are both looking forward to being able to show you some more of the best of Masham and the surrounding area of Wensleydale when you return.

We are glad to hear that you are coming back for Easter - fingers crossed for fabulous sunshine.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 March 2014

On arrival we had tea and fantastic freshly made scones. The room was beautiful with fresh flowers and wonderful decor. Sue and Andrew are brilliant hosts, they treated us like family the whole weekend. Would go back again and again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine m
SueMillgateMasham, Owner at Millgate Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Christine M.

What a lovely review of your weekend stay in Masham. How kind of you to comment about the fresh flowers and décor. Andrew goes to Ripon every Thursday for the flowers and it is nice to know they are appreciated.

We hope that you enjoyed your weekend and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We couldn't have picked a nicer b&b with fresh baked scones on arrival , our room was perfect ,really clean and comfortable. Sue and Andrew are friendly and very helpful telling us of places to eat out and things to do in the area. The Black Sheep brewery is worth a visit. Breakfast was excellent with home made bread and a special menu. We would recommend staying here to anyone and we hope to go again this year.

Room Tip: Ask for the top room with the nice view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary B
SueMillgateMasham, Owner at Millgate Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Gary B
You couldn't have written a nicer review of your recent stay at Millgate and Andrew and I are delighted that you loved our lovely Masham room at the top of the house. The views from up there are lovely and we both want to say Thank You for your feedback, for your recommendation and your charming comments about the food and accommodation.

We are both looking forward to your return to Masham. You might want to visit Theakston's Brewery on your next trip. We have loads of ideas for other places for you to visit when you return.

See you both very soon I hope.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

From the moment my husband and I arrived at Millgate we felt so welcomed. Sue and Andrew are so friendly and obliging. Our room was spotless and very comfortable and we felt really relaxed from the onset. Sue and Andrew made the time to chat with us and get to know us and to offer any information about the area. The homemade scones were yummy and breakfast was delicious and set us up for our journey home to Essex. Everything about Millgate is homely and the attention to detail is superb. Although our trip was for one night and rather quick we would definitely go back to stay at Millgate for longer and without doubt recommend it to our family and friends. Best wishes Sue and Andrew and see you again soon. Nancy and Glyn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 513Nancy66
SueMillgateMasham, Owner at Millgate Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Nancy & Glyn
Your review is lovely - Thank you for sharing your experience at Millgate. It is very rewarding for us to know that you felt relaxed and welcomed. Even better, you are planning to come back to Masham.

Thank you for recommending us to family and friends. We both loved having you stay and enjoyed your lively conversation. I am really pleased you enjoyed the scones and the food and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

A lovely cosy place to stay. Nice people . . . Very friendly and knowledgeable of the area.Great food, I was especially pleased with the flipped but still runny egg for breakfast! Lovely clean room with a chocolate left on the pillow gave that nice touch when you return to yr room. Location great . . . A lovely river walk just round the corner, and the pubs and shops on yr doorstep. Would definately recommend and would gladly return. Dawn and Michael, north lincolnshire

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Prawny77

Dear Dawn & Michael,
You paint such a lovely picture of your stay and we are very flattered - Thank you. I am especially pleased that you commented on my mastery of the humble egg.

Spring is in the air and Masham is looking lovely in the sunshine. We are looking forward to your return visit as there is still lots for your to see and do in the area.

We really appreciate you taking time to write your review.
Sue & Andrew Burrell.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Masham
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
#2 of 7 in Masham
The Black Swan Inn
The Black Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Fearby

Been to Millgate Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!