“Sorry, 1st review didn't match mine”
Review of Tuan Vu Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buon Ma Thuot
Tuan Vu Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Buon Ma Thuot
North of Chicago
“Sorry, 1st review didn't match mine”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I made a reservation by internet for a 5 day stay. My hotel in HCMC confirmed the reservation for me. The price on the internet listed a room for $22, my hotel told me it was $32, I agreed. Upon arrival, I barely got in the door, and the receptionist began to motion for me to leave. She was extremely agitated and I didn't even have a chance to get up to the counter. She kept telling there no rooms, I explained my hotel had confirmed the room for me. I kept repeating 'internet, internet reservation'. Finally, she found my request. This time the room rate went up to $36. Vietnamese hospitality has always been so common, it was absolutely absent this go around. She grudgingly checked me in. The room was 601, to be fair, the room was immense, but the carpet was shredded, brown sludge in the bathtub, and the club next store was going until late at night.

Overall impressions: The hotel had seen better days. It was frayed around the edges, staff was not well trained, and were hesitant to assist. This may be that western travelers do not often stay there and they may be unsure how to handle them. The receptionist was a fire breathing dragon of a person. I have never in, after three extended trips, over the last 3 years been subjected to such abuse. I left the next morning and found another hotel with pleasant staff, clean room at half the price.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
9 Thank ephemera1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
USA
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was a complete pleasure. The room was big, clean, beds comfortable, room service prompt, front desk ever so pleasant and cool room (the A/C worked wonderful). The included breakfast was gormet. It was served on a dish fresh from the oven and so tasty. I would so recommend staying here and we plan on staying here again when we are in Daklak Province.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family