“In-Wewak Boutique Hotel 2 nights”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wewak
In Wewak Boutique hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wewak
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was on my way to a Sepik river trip and stayed a night in this delightful hotel. I arrived when it was already dark - plane from Port Moresby having been delayed. (see footnote re Madang.)
I was very hungry and went almost straight to the restaurant. First impression was great - there was a lot of art work on display. Some was old style, shell bride price belts, other shell decorative pieces, along with more modern very attractive carved wooden wall ornaments.
I ordered Sepik Prawns in garlic butter, which were about 10cm in length, four on the plate served with rice and vegetables. They were a little overcooked, but very tasty.
The room was not facing the sea, was upstairs above the pool, but spacious, clean with good ensuite facilities.
The staff were very pleasant, keen to be as helpful as possible, nothing was a bother. Next morning I asked to leave the bulk of my luggage (one bag) for storage while I was away on the river. When I checked back in after the river trip my bag was already there in the room for me.
This second night I was in a room at the back - with views of the sea, but again I was a little too late to get to appreciate the view. Requested a 3.30am wake up call as I needed to check in at 4.00am for the morning flight to Port Moresby at 6.10am. All domestic flights require early check in, and this should be observed as flights are frequently overbooked and you can be bumped if late.
I was so happy to enjoy a lovely hot shower after not having access to such luxury while up river. There I sluiced my body with water in an open area which sometimes was home to many mosquitoes. As a malaria prone area I was quick to leave the 'shower' spot. So, thanks to In-Wewak Boutique Hotel I again felt oh so clean!!
This may appear to be an expensive hotel, but it is worth the cost - other accommodation in Papua New Guinea is not cheap anyway, making this very good value in my opinion.
Madang - the flight from Port Moresby calls into Madang on the way to Wewak, however if the flight is delayed and will not arrive before 6.00pm (nightfall) in Madang those wanting to alight there are given accommodation in Port Moresby and travel next day. This is because there are so many flying foxes in Madang they are an airline hazard. If you want to get to Madang best take the morning flight.

5  Thank Gwenifer_12

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Arrived at this hotel after long flights from the US to PNG and it was a nice surprise. Much better than expected with helpful staff. Room was small but quite, clean and adequate. Food in restuarant was good with wonderful artwork from around PNG. Overall a good value and would recommend it for anyone traveling to Wewak

3  Thank CfltravelPortland
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed two nights at the Wewak Boutique Hotel, which is quite a clean, well-run establishment with a very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel has an excellent restaurant and bar, Internet access (for a charge), an inviting swimming pool, and a beautiful water view from many of the rooms.

My room had two double beds, a flat screen color TV with multiple cable channels, a bathroom with a shower (no tub), sink, commode and plenty of hot water. There was a small safety box in the closet, but one can also deposit one’s valuables at the Reception Desk for extra protection.

I recommend this hotel highly, although it is quite expensive, as all hotels in this rate bracket tend to be in Papua New Guinea.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
2  Thank Cyclopath43
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The "In Wewak" hotel is a modern hotel on Wewak Hill. The layout takes a bit of getting used to with the hotel divided into partitions and is a bit cluttered. The hotel is very efficiently run and clean though not particularly spacious. The restaurant prepares excellent asian and local style dishes using local produce. The other hotels in Wewak don't come close in terms of comfort, security and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank fitzrovians
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Wewak in a very pretty little town on the northern coast of PNG and is the gateway to the great Sepik river. There is quite a lot to see and do here, especially if you have an interest in military history as there are many relics from WWII still in place and within easy reach.

The "In Wewak Boutique Hotel" is a delightful place to say. The rooms are immaculately clean and the hotel really plays to its strengths. The design fitout is a modern take on old colonial with polished floorboards, white walls and plantation shutters. Some of the rooms are a little on the small side, but that is of no consequence as every guest has access to the wide verandas that overlook the ocean. There is abundant seating so that all guests can take advantage of this lovely outlook.

The hotel restaurant is simple but serves very good food at reasonable prices. The staff are delightful, well trained and happy to help. Special requests are accommodated without any fuss and our meals were delivered in a timely manner.

The only fault I would mention is that the air-conditioners are the small wall mounted sort that are very noisy. As we had a private balcony, we turned ours off and opened the doors. It was a bit warm, but the sound of the ocean soon lulled us to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms overlooking the sea with a private balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Rosie1504
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I work in PNG and get to see a lot of the country. My expectations for Wewak were not very high as it is a small swampy town. What a surprise I got when we pulled up at the Boutique. I stayed in a deluxe room with my family and we got to wake up with views of the ocean. The sheets and towels weren't stained or have hair in them like a lot of the major hotels in PNG. They have artifacts in the lobby and restaurants. The grounds were very clean and tidy. Probably the best place I have stayed in while in PNG. The food was sensational and the service was great. The only negative I have is the cost of the rooms which for the deluxe was K605/night.

Room Tip: Room number 10 has water views from your bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Whiteman_in_PNG
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This hotel is a major suprise. In a town where you would least expect to find anything even half decent, you find this little gem; crisp decor, aircons that work, decent sized swimming pool, interesting local artifacts, and clean cotton bedding. I had a larger room with a balcony and a view through the palm trees to the sea. Staff were friendly and tried their best. On the down side food service was slow and the menu not that big - in fact if you are vegetarian, nothing specifically for you on the menu, but you can ask and you will get something (although variety and quality not the highest). And food service is slow.
Clients generally seem to be a mix of expats doing work in the area.
There was wireless internet access in the rooms - speed a bit bumpy but it worked.
Overall, if you are in the Wewak area and need good, clean and decent quality accommodation that seems to be safe, its the place to use.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms with balcony are a good idea but more expensive.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank CilliA

Been to In Wewak Boutique hotel? Share your experiences!