“A beautiful tranquil place to walk around & enjoy”

Claremont Landscape Garden
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Esher
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A beautiful tranquil place to walk around & enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A gorgeous landscape garden, lots of different birds & wildlife to see. A nice stroll around with lovely secret places to picnic & relax in, large lake to feed & observe ducks, geese, swans, doves. Leafy trees & bushes with seasonal flowers.
A great place to spend a beautiful afternoon

Visited February 2014

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful and idyllic on a sunny day. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What a stunning location. My husband and I and our 2 daughters (2.3 and 5 months) visited on our way home from a family visit. The weather was spectacular and feeding the ducks and geese was a highlight for my eldest. We had a picnic in the grounds so I can't comment on the café food but the drinks were the usual NT prices. There was also a buggy friendly route up to the view point with excellent views of the lake.

The only downside was the parking, the sign said the car park was full (which it wasn't) so wet used one on the opposite side of the busy road. There were cars lining the road and the lane to the other car park and trying to cross the main road with a double buggy was not easy, especially as people had parked where the path dipped to allow access!

Still an awesome ad hoc day out. We do have NT membership, so not sure on prices.

1 Thank Naomi1809
Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Pleasant stroll in a calm atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Enjoyable morning out doing Easter Egg Hunt, £2.50 per child. Pleasant surroundings with no dogs or their excrement! Nice play area for younger children and would be even better with a good climbing area for older children. Overall a nice, relaxing walk with plenty of safe grassy areas for kids to run & shout as much as they want without being a nuisance to anyone.

Visited April 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good if you live nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Visited Claremont Landscape Garden this week. I have to say that it was a little disappointing for me, since we had travelled a fair distance to get there and I was expecting a bit more than a stroll around the grounds that took about 1 hour. Also glad not to have paid the full admission fee (I have NT membership) as it wouldn't have been worth it. Having said that, the lake with all the ducks, geese and moorhens was a highlight for me. My son enjoyed watching the cute ducklings! We had lunch at the cafe and it was the usual NT fare, expensive but reasonable quality. One word of warning on the parking, get there early - we arrived around 10.30 (30 minutes after opening time) and we had to park in the car park on the other side of the road, which would have been fine, if the road wasn't the A307 which can get busy with vehicles going at 50+ mph so trying to cross that road with a young child is not the safest option.
To summarise, it is a good place to visit if you live nearby, but if you need to travel more than 30 min to get there, then there are probably equivalent or better places nearer.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank DKtn
Surrey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Leisurely switch off”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Claremont gardens are a short distance from where I live and therefore have featured often in my life and that of my children. It's now the turn of my grand children to follow in the family footsteps and share the enjoyment that three previous generations have experienced. The walks are varied and extensive and full of fascinating corners for young and old alike. The vistas seen from vantage points vary throughout the year giving frequent opportunities to visit to see not only the wide variety of plants but also the bird life which is attracted to the woods and lake. In the summer it's ideal for a family picnic and on occasions there are concerts and performances using the "natural" amphitheatre above the lake. Make a point of visiting and enjoy a cup of tea even if you're not a paid up member of the NT!

Visited December 2013