“Disappointed”

Layla
Ranked #34 of 60 Restaurants in Esher
Price range: US$32 - US$194
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Layla serves a range of traditional Lebanese meals and drinks. The private alcoves make it the perfect choice for an intimate evening with a loved one. Also there is Live music Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and belly dancing on Fridays and Saturdays.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had previous dined at Layla's and found it great. But the last time we went there, it was really poor. The staff had changed and, whether it was we were just a couple and not a party, the service was appalling,. It took ages before any came to take our order. We ordered drinks and the starters arrived before our drinks, which we could see on the counter ready to be collected by a waitress, but no-one collected them, there was no eye contact from any of the staff.. so in the end we went and collected them ourselves! We waited ages for our main meal, no-one came and topped up our glasses even though there were 6 staff on duty. We were very disappointed and would not go back again.

3  Thank Sue F

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was in Crawley for my daughters Wings ceremony for joining Virgin Airlines and I had heard of this restaurant through a friend who lived in Kingston.
The starters and the mains were very tasty and generous. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was also superb.
This turned out to be a great place to celebrate my daughters qualifying as an air stewardess.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the area.

1  Thank Nazmi O
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we ate here last night and had a set menu with friends
the food was very good tasty and a good range the price not bas

there are private booths for parties

the service was quick and very good

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I've never eaten here. However, I have had cocktails here on several occasions, and I do believe they do the best cocktails in esher.

The main issue is the tiny bar, which gets very packed, very quickly. Trying to find a seat is often an exercise in futility, unless it's nice weather when I recommend the patio. If you can, try to get table service, as the room is far too packed with jostling recently divorced men & women, that trying to carry a martini to your table is somewhat tricky, to say the least.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Layla's with some friends who have recently returned from Jordan. We were a little worried after reading some of the other reviews but we had a great night out. The food and wine was fantastic and our friends also thought the same. The only negative was that the staff were very laid back which was a shame.