“Loved it !”

Norway Inn
Somerset
“Loved it !”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

What an unusual place! Lovely traditional pub with fantastic bedroom, beautiful bathroom, huge bed and big telly. Would have liked to have had the opportunity to use the air con but this has been chilly summer . . . all of the staff extremely friendly and helpful, and loved the freshly cooked (not self-service) breakfast with unlimited coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Perfect location for visiting Truro, Falmouth, Eden Project, Landsend, Newquay etc etc. The quality of the rooms, the service and the food is exceptional. All the food is locally sourced and the made to order breakfast will last you all day. The restaurant and bar menus are wide ranging and very good value for money. If anything the web site undersells the whole experience. A nice touch is the remote controlled air con in the rooms along with top quality furniture and fittings. Staff and manager can not do enough for you. You will find nothing to complain about here it is fabulous.

Room Tip: All the rooms are five star. Say no more.
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Absolutely beautiful rooms, one of the nicest I have ever stayed in! Thoroughly enjoyed the foord and the staff were very welcoming and very friendly!! We will definately stay here again, and I will definately recommend The Norway Inn to my friends and family! Thank you again for a great two night stay!

Leicester
Reviewed 18 June 2012

So many times we have booked hotels as they looked good on the website only to find that the photos must have been taken years before and the rooms were now dowdy and the food inedible.

Not so here, you get exactly what is on the website and more. The bedrooms are 5* and even have air con. The food was very good if a little bit pricey and all the staff were excellent - friendly, courteous and efficient. The pub itself is very olde worlde complete with lots of beams - and another good sign, lots of locals.

Only slight drawback is that it is on a very busy main road but they have obviously thought about this and installed double glazing and air con in the bedrooms. As a result, we could keep the window shut, the noise out and keep cool.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay and cannot think of anything to complain about. Rooms are newly decorated with all mod cons. The Pub/Inn downstairs was nice and welcoming. we ate their both evenings and food was lovely......shame about the weather though

UK
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Just back from a great first stay at the Norway Inn outside of Truro.. my usual hotel in the town centre was full so after a quick search I found the Norway Inn... Easy to find and a great find in my book, good sized car park and very helpful staff. My room was lovely, I'd love to know where they bought their furniture from. I was shown up to my room and all the mod cons. I am 5 ft 7 and one thing to bear in mind is there are some sloping ceilings and I did manage to hit my head several times until I learnt not to. Rooms are large with heating, a/c, ipod radio and lovely bergamot and rosemary toiletries! Sounds daft to be happy about those but fed up with watered down ones so these were great. Even though the Inn is on a busy road, I was not affected as they have special windows to cut out the noise. I ate in the restaurant and whilst the pub was busy service and quality did not suffer. Breakfast was also good. Can't think of any complaints.. makes a change! Took me about 10 minutes to get back into town before 9am.. think this maybe an issue in the summer but am looking to come back in July and take a chance! PS also had free wifi!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Candace_StAustell, Manager at Norway Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Many thanks for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us - it's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit and our food. I have passed on your comments to all the staff at the Norway Inn who are pleased that you intend to come back for a return visit. We look forward to having you stay again.
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We didn't arrive until late, but were greeted straight away by very freindly staff. Check in very efficient, then to our room. What can I say, I've stayed in plenty off high class hotels around the world, but our room easily rates as one of the best I've stayed in. Complete luxury. All local teas, coffees and even shower products and pictures. Went down for dinner and ate in the new restaurant with what we were told was a new menu. The food, chicken and rib eye, we had were simply delicious and the service was second to none. We then retired back to our room for very sound sleep in a wonderful bed. Breakfast was fantastic. The chap serving, the manager I think, although rushed, had time for everyone. Would recommend this place to anyone, good food, excellent friendly staff, amazing rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perranarworthal
The Alverton
Budock Vean Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mawnan Smith
Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa

Been to Norway Inn? Share your experiences!