“PEI Mussels!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Queens, New York, United States
“PEI Mussels!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Fell in love with their PEI mussels appetizer. Then we each enjoyed a terrific lobster dinner. Key lime pie for dessert was decadent. Great place for a sunset and romantic meal. FANTASTIC service from the crumb cleaning after each course to the lemon water wash in between courses. We were one of only 3 couples there.

• Visited June 2014

Florida
“Not Worth the Walk from Viceroy”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Average food. Nice setting. Take a taxi from hotel. One other establishment near there that might better suite. We walked, more accurately, slogged/sloshed our way at night with very little lighting.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank RCcruiser999
The Valley, Anguilla
“over rated”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We heard good things about Mangos and looked forward to going. We were more than disappointed. Although the location and decor are fantastic, the food and the staff didn't quite measure up to all the hype. The menu is greatly over priced. We have been to several other less talked about restaurants on the island and enjoyed dining that cost significantly less. Our caesar salad tasted like an oily can of sardines. When the server asked about how the food was I told her and she offered no reply. I understand that anchovies go in caesar dressing - I worked in fine dining for years and have made plenty of caesar dressing. It was just a disgusting salad that the staff didn't seem to want to offer any comment or solution for. We will not be returning to Mangos or recommending them.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SonnyM7
New York
“Average at Best”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm totally bewildered at the positive reviews from others. I stayed at the Viceroy and overheard a group of guests talking and even they said the food was lackluster.
The entrees average around $35 usd. My fish was overcooked, bland and the portions were small! I live in NYC where a $35 entree can get you something very tasty and good. I felt like Mango's was nothing but hype by travelers that don't know any better. I will NOT go back to Mango's.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank starlite2s
United States
“Great view”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Located on Barnes Bay, this restaurant is walking distance from Viceroy hotel. It offers a casual relaxed atmosphere with beautiful sunset views. Food is very good and the drinks are good as well. Our favorite was the salad dressing, unfortunately they did not indulge us with the recipe. Will visit again.

• Visited March 2014