“WOW! Turtle's Nest”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
ct, usa
“WOW! Turtle's Nest”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Came here on the recommendation of TA's "Ellen" and others who also agreed with the choice when I posted to the Anguilla forum.

Great choice.

We spent five nights at Grand Case Beach Club on SXM (we love it there) and then came to the "Nest" for the next three nights.

Gorgeous room -- one bedroom, oceanfront, ground floor (we like ground floor best). Admittedly, Mead's Bay was a bit wavy the time we arrived -- but we went island hopping via car to visit other beaches. Shoal Bay and Cove Bay were the best for us. Much calmer.

We loved the location, the people who worked there, and our neighbors in the adjoining room. They were extremely generous with bath towels, beach towels, and waters. Beautiful room -- gorgeous linens, furniture, kitchen supplies aplenty.

We're glad the Best Buy grocery will be up by the next time we visit -- the groceries on island are not good -- nothing like Grand Marche in SXM. But we made do.

Our last night was spent at Cusinart, also excellent. (see my review).

Overall, we loved our time on the island. Turtle's Nest was one the reasons why.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank movingdot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We got married at "The Nest" I cannot rave enough about the accomodations, and the staff. It was nothing short of spectacular. The place is so quiet, exclusive, and relaxing for all our guests. And access to all the resturants are an easy stroll on the beach. Maggie and Jackie went above and beyond to help us fill in the gaps of my own wedding planning. They took photos, helped us with ice, they did so much to make our day perfect. I KNOW for a fact there is so much they did that I am unaware of. Scubie even personally helped me with hundreds of yards of electrical for our night. Betania did a fantastic job organizing all the rooms, and communicating with me.
Our guests loved their stay here, and I am so grateful to always have Meads Bay close to our heart. Really, this place is a Gem. Thank you Johnny and everyone at the Nest. This was one of the best trips of our life.

Room Tip: 4AE 2AW if you don't want stairs And Phase two first floor are right next to the pool, I like...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank huntforthebestbeach
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I took a trip to St. Maarten June 19th - 25th 2013. While in St. Maarten, I decided to visit Anguilla. Not knowing anything about Anguilla, I went to the ferry to pay for my ride to the island. I happened to run into Maggie Carotenuto who spent time explaining how to get around in Anguilla.Turtle's Nest Beach Resort is a wonderful resort. The rooms are very nice and private. This is a very romantic location. The beach was spectacular. I highly recommend Turtle's Nest Beach Resort. The staff was very friendly and Maggie was wonderful. Make sure to ask for her when you visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Richard_Loves_Travel
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband Kenny and I stayed at the Turtle's Nest two nights! This place was fantastic! The rooms were so decorative and nice. Very romantic and a great location to relax and enjoy the beauty of this island. The staff was amazing alone with the owner John and his girlfriend Maggie!
The Turtle's Nest was more than a place to stay while visiting the island, it was a place were you felt at home. Food places were easy to get to without a taxi, beaches were clean, and the staff was available at all times to make us happy. We loved the stay so much we plan on coming back with our whole family. Kenny and I would like to thank John and Maggie for all you did for us and the great staff at the Turtle's Nest!
Thanks for everything,
Tammy and Kenny

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy C
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We spent seven beautiful days at turtles nest in late May and early June, 2013. This is our second week in the past two years at turtles nest. The staff is warm and very helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, which was large and nicely decorated and very clean. The pool is large and inviting. The beach on Meads Bay is just the one of the best in the world. There are four great restaurants within walking distance Blanchards, Jacala, Straw Hat, and the restaurants at the Viceroy. Anguilla's west end also has other great beaches and restaurants. You will enjoy a relaxing stay in Anguilla and turtles nest!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnrkesslerjr
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We had a really lovely stay at Turtle's Nest. Stayed in one of the new building studios which was well appointed and very comfortable for 2. There were fresh flowers and 2 bottles of wine (nice touch). The staff was very friendly and gave us free water when we ran out. I did notice that the furnishings were different in some of the other units, so I'm not sure if they are all the same, but ours was very tastefully decorated and having a washer/dryer and kitchen was nice. The pool looked like it could use some new paint, and the hot water tank was on the small side, but other than those two minor issues, we really love the place and would definitely recommend TN.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Suzy7512
Johsnon City, TN
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Affordable, clean (house keeping does a great job), no frills but on Meads Bay with various places to eat nearby. If all you need is a condo with a full kitchen, this may be for you. Staff is great but keep in mind they close the office at 5:00 pm and not open on weekends. You are on your own but they do provide you a list of phone numbers for emergency help. No fitness room or restaurant (if that is necessary go elsewhere). Pool is very basic, but for me it's about the beaches of Anguilla. My wife on the otherhand, likes to have people provide drinks on the beach and all the extras that you pay for with higher rates at other resorts. I would stay there again as I have no problem mixing my own drinks or buying beer to bring to my chair.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in West End Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Turtle's Nest Beach Resort? Share your experiences!