Since Kristen 1206 was our neighbor during our stay, I should probably get my review done timely too... Great location. Can't stress how nice it was to have a one minute walk down the stairs to an awesome beach. Chairs, umbrellas, towels all there for your use. The pool however, was not heated...and a bit too chilly for me. I found the ocean much more attractive (and more fun!) so spent hours in there each day. Had some rain but overall the weather was pretty warm and sunny. The ocean was also warm and comfortable for swimming. We did have some waves most days (some may find that rough) but I found them a lot of fun...except for the occasional wipe out...which happened to a few of us unexpecting folks that had our backs to the waves.
We were in the two bedroom unit that was attached to Kristen's studio. Very spacious, had 2 1/2 baths, and amazing views. The unit was in good shape though I agree that the outside of the buildings could use a bit of maintenance. The A/C worked well (one unit got repaired during our stay). The kitchen had basic needs addressed (no dishwasher) and we did cook in some meals and prepared lunches to take to the beach (found a styrofoam cooler under the sink). Liked having a washer and dryer in the unit. Good restaurants within walking distance. Tried Blanchard's Beach Shack, Ocean Aire, and Straw Hat. Even toured the Viceroy nearby...but not my cup of tea. Too much pomp and circumstance for me...I just came here to just relax by the beach. The staff at Turtle's Nest was wonderful. Felt like we made some good friends here during our stay. Everyone was really nice and always willing to address any request.
This is not a posh condo experience. It is more like an apartment lifestyle. If you want someone to wait on you hand and foot...head to Viceroy. If you want to relax and be more independent, this is the place for you. I found it to suit our needs perfectly. There is a vacant lot next door...I pray it never gets developed...because right now the location is great and almost appears to be a private beach (if you look in the direction away from Frangipani). Only suggestions for improvement would be to have more substantial front doors and locks (I know it isn't really an issue...just would make me feel better) and have in room safes for passports and stuff. Oh and the hot water heaters could be a little bigger...hot showers did need to be spaced out.
We did rent a car (Andy's Car Rental) and visited two beaches, but really only used it to go grocery shopping (Best Buy) or drive to restaurants at night (Flavours, Veya, and E's Kitchen). Rendevous Bay and Shoal Bay East were really beautiful to see and walk along. I have to say that night driving was not my favorite thing. Really stressed about not hitting stray dogs and cats at night (or the local who was walking along the edge of the road). You really had to be careful.
Took GB Express both ways for a shuttle from St Maarten...really nice service...but good gosh...we had rough seas both ways. I really didn't enjoy that part...reaffirmed my faith in God (smile) since I prayed the whole way on the return trip. Makes me think I will look into Anguilla Air or just suck it up and take that larger ferry next time.
So a big thank you to the Turtle's Nest staff for making our stay a pleasant experience.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Front Condos situated in the center of Meads Bay Beach. Turtle's Nest Beach Resort has 4 exciting condo accommodations to choose from, Studio, 1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms. All condos are air conditioned, completely furnished with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living areas. Private Terraces overlooking Meads Bay Beach. Daily Maid and Linen Service.Enjoy the cool comfort of a swim in our calm sea water or jump into our ocean front swimming pools.Within walking distances are many of Anguilla's finest gourmet restaurants.Turtle's Nest Beach Resort can accommodate group functions and has catered to many destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Turtle's Nest Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle`s Nest Beach Hotel West End
- Turtles Nest Beach Hotel
- Turtle's Nest Beach Resort Anguilla/West End Village