After exhaustively researching just about every hotel/resort in Anguilla, we decided on Turtle's Nest. And we were not at all disappointed with our decision. As we drove up the old and tattered driveway and looked upon the obviously worn out exterior of the building, we initially had some concerns. But we were soon warmly greeted, shown to our room, and after walking down the hallway to the living area, all of our worries melted away which brings us to the pros of this hotel/resort.
View: The third story, 270 degree view of the Mead's Bay area was nothing short of spectacular. It was truly extraordinary to be able to sit on the private, spacious balcony and enjoy the view with a book, drink, and every meal.
Room: The room itself was immaculate with updated appliances, ample space, and adjustable A/C.
Hotel grounds/staff: it was also very clean and the staff was always friendly. We didn't use the pool but we passed by it every day and it appeared well kept. There were always plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels. Booking with the hotel was very easy and the office staff was more than happy to assist with ideas and adventures on the island. I would book this hotel again without hesitation.
Location: It's right in the middle of Mead's Bay. There's no restaurant on site; however, there's an extremely nice, and expensive, restaurant (Straw Hat) just next door, and Blanchard's Beach Shack (cheap but delicious) is less than a ten minute leisurely walk along the beach. If you're looking for a super market, the Best Buy is less than a 5 minute drive which has everything you'd find at a Walmart, and also has better gluten-free options than some US food stores. The beach itself was very clean and the water was absolutely pristine. We rented an SUV, drove around the island often and used less than half a tank of gasoline. If you plan to explore off of the paved roads, then I'd recommend getting something with four-wheel drive which we're thankful we did.
Activities: None at the actual hotel but Mead's Bay had plenty to do. There is an excellent snorkeling spot on the northeast end of the beach. We also noticed other water sports in the bay such as tubing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and sailing.
For us there were really no cons at all to this hotel. We weren't looking for a typical resort with pool games, six restaurants on site, etc. so this hotel was perfect for us. We felt as if our own home was transposed here on the beautiful beach. Keep in mind that we were here during the low season, and our hotel (and most others) was probably less than a quarter occupied, so that contributed to the rating. Even still, as I've mentioned previously, I'd re-book with Turtle's Nest in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Front Condos situated in the center of Meads Bay Beach. Turtle's Nest Beach Resort has 4 exciting condo accommodations to choose from, Studio, 1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms. All condos are air conditioned, completely furnished with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living areas. Private Terraces overlooking Meads Bay Beach. Daily Maid and Linen Service.Enjoy the cool comfort of a swim in our calm sea water or jump into our ocean front swimming pools.Within walking distances are many of Anguilla's finest gourmet restaurants.Turtle's Nest Beach Resort can accommodate group functions and has catered to many destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Turtle's Nest Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle`s Nest Beach Hotel West End
- Turtles Nest Beach Hotel
- Turtle's Nest Beach Resort Anguilla/West End Village