“Better than the Four Seasons!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Better than the Four Seasons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

In a nutshell... The Viceroy Anguilla is amazing. My husband and I travel frequently with our 3 children (15,12,10). We usually choose to stay at a Four Seasons or a Ritz and have been to many Caribbean islands. This was our first trip to Anguilla and The Viceroy. The resort is stunning, posh and chic yet laid back and not pretentious. The accommodations are absolutely beautiful!! The views are breathtaking. Every staff member was sincere, helpful and genuinely friendly. The food was fabulous. The location was ideal. This was by far our best family vacation and we are planning to return next year to our new home away from home.

Khalida at the front desk greeted you with a smile and made you feel at home from the moment you arrived. The resort's general manager, Richard was seen daily thru out the property talking with guests and making suggestions about the island, restaurants and the resort. We enjoyed getting to know him.

The resort has an ideal location. There are 4-5 star restaurants within walking distance in either direction along the beach. There was no need for a car. My children loved The Beach Shack. The food was excellent and we sat right on the beach (feet in the sand!) under the
moonlight and stars.

The beaches were incredible and the water was clear. The beach staff and sea center did a fantastic job. My children would sail hobbie cats with the sea center daily while my husband and I relaxed with a cocktail on the beach. It was actually the staff's idea that the kids go alone with the sea center. "I will take them, don't worry. You relax." They were never out of sight and my 15y/o loved sailing the hobbie cat with an on board instructor. The use of non motorized water sports is included in your resort fees. The bucket of cold water bottles provided by the staff when they set up your beach chairs was a wonderful touch. We enjoyed the snorkeling in front of the half shell beach. We saw some great schools of fish right off the beach.

The food at the resort was excellent. The Sunset Lounge has stunning views and they make a great Mojito. We ordered room service (only a $4 charge), which arrived quickly for us to dine and enjoy the sunset views from our patio.

Our transportation to and from St Martin was arranged thru Bennie's. I would highly recommend them. Navigating customs and the ferry to and from Anguilla can be confusing (even for the experience travelers). Bennie's drivers stayed and guided us thru the process to ensure we arrived safely. There are exit taxes for St Martin and Anguilla. I recommend you bring enough $ since they don't take cc at customs.

The Viceroy Anguilla and the staff are among the best we have experienced.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BeachLovers94
Richard A, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
We're elated you stayed with us on your first trip to Anguilla! There's nothing better than hearing that your family vacation was so wonderful, you're planning another visit! We'd love to be your new home away from home! See you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Louisville, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Viceroy Anguilla and can think of thousand little things that made it the best vacation we ever had. But top of the list is accommodations and service! The location is bar none the best, incredible beaches with turtles that you can walk to 5 star restaurants. The Beach Center has everything you could imagine, paddle boards, windsurfers, HobiCats, and Snorkel to mention a few. But the people at the resort and locals have the best demeanor and makes you feel welcome on the whole island. Truly a magically place!

2 Thank Bill H
Richard A, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Congratulations on your 20th Wedding Anniversary! We're thrilled that your visit to Viceroy Anguilla on this momentous occasion is best vacation you've ever had! We're happy that our staff made you feel welcome and comfortable and hope you'll be back soon!
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Gang,

This is my first post on TripAdvisor, I am writing because the Viceroy Anguilla deserves some props. So does the Island. The people are very friendly. They speak English and accept the dollar! I want to begin with my wife and I landing in St. Martin. We decided to use the Link Ferry Company. We were greated immediately and were driven less than 5 minutes to the boat. Franklin and his son Angelo were there and could not have been nicer. I highly recommend using them.(more on them in a bit). We took a 25 minute ride to Anguilla. Once we docked, someone from the Viceroy was there to help us. We took a cab to the property which only took 10-15 minutes. Once we got to the property Nigel helped us get settled. Very easy! He actually went with my wife to the local store to get some wine and beers!!

When we were checking in Catalina looked at me, walked around the counter and gave me a warm hug. She said "I am your adopted Mama for the week". She was not kidding. When we got to the room there were 3 large palm trees that needed some trimming so we could see the water. We are pretty easy going and just mentioned it to Catalina. She came to our room promplty and by the next morning the trees were trimmed. WOW, talk about listening to your customers and giving extraordinary service!! She continued to check in with us from time to time during the week It was always great seeing her smiling face. You can tell she enjoys what she does and is very good at it!

The property is amazing. The infinity pool is one of the best we have been in. The resort offers many free activities. Bikes, Tennis, Basketball, Rock Climbing, Snorkling, Sailing. (I know I missed a few!) The health club is very nice and they offer spinning and Yoga classes too.

The property sits in the middle of 2 beaches. Some of the best our toes have been on! We walked both of them quite a bit. Went Snorkling for the fist time in many years too!

We went to one of the pools early in the morning. We were just hanging out. One of the workers asked me if it was ok to cut the lawn behind us. Again, the right thing to do.

Resaturants:

On property. We tried them all and liked them all. We love Sushi, have it often and we were pleasantly pleased.

OffSite: Cab's are expensive so we walked to most restaurants. What's cool, is that many good ones are within walking distance

Strawhat--Had Breakfast and Dinner. Very Good!

Blanchards on the beach--Longer walk but nice lunch place

Blanchards--SO SO. Expensive. $7.50 Caribe's is way too much when Viceroy is at $6.00. They do have a very good dessert.

Jacula--Very good--Get the Crayfish!

Picante--Very cool Mexican restaurant with a good vibe and service

Veye---We rented a car for the day and drove here---Romantic and good food. Thanks Carrie!

Mango's--Very Good. Fish is their specialty and do a good job

I can write more but I need to wrap this up. We both were sad to leave, Now about our ride home. When we first arrived Franlkin greated us with a few ice cold Caribes for the ride over to Anguilla . I thought I'd return the favor. We had a bunch of Red Stripes left over in our refrigerator (not sure how that happened!!). As soon as we pulled away, I pulled them out. I have never seen a bigger smile.on Franklin and Angelo's faces. When we docked in St Martin and were driving over to the Aiport, Franklin joined us. He asked to stop for something. Well, he came out with a big bottle of Sherdan and gave to us as a going away present! Talk about icing on the cake!

We left the Island meeting many, many good people. We will stay in touch with the couples we met. We will have several good memories of the Viceroy staff.

The Viceroy get's it. Simple as that. Thank you very much for our wonderful vacation. We will be back.

3 Thank jaybotravel
We're so glad you shared your experiences at Viceroy Anguilla! Catalina is amazing and, as she said, is truly "your adopted Mama"! We're thrilled that she, and everyone else you encountered, made your vacation so special and memorable. We look forward to your next visit!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Viceroy Anguilla is an amazingly diverse property. With 3 pools and 3 points to access the beach, you can be around people or be very secluded. The food was excellent and the decor was stunning. The Sunset Lounge is a must at sunset or any other time of the day. The pictures really do not do this place justice!

The only complaint: we had an issue at check-in..booked through Amex travel but were not given the room we reserved (and the hotel was far from full). The room situation was resolved by the second night and we had a fantastic trip otherwise. We plan to make this an annual trip.

1 Thank ilovetrips93
Richard A, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
We're glad you enjoyed the Sunset Lounge - it's one of our favorite spots on property! Now you can see why it's called the Sunset Lounge - there's no better spot for watching the sunset and enjoyed drinks and tapas! We're sorry you experienced this inconvenience, but are glad you enjoyed your trip!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our second visit to the Viceroy and fourth to Anguilla. I'm really torn. I want to tell the whole world how awesome the place is, but on the other hand I never want it to change. Everyone is genuinely friendly from someone doing the most humble job to the resort manager. They seem to sincerely want you to have a wonderful time. We are big swimmers. The water is perfect. The beaches are equal to anywhere in the world. Our routine was to watch the sunset from the infinity pool by the sunset lounge, shower, have a drink at the sunset lounge and then go out to one of the many fabulous restaurants on the island. We always rent a car which is easy and adds to the fun. The rooms at the Viceroy are excellent. Dramatic design, with neutral colors, and classy touches. The landscaping would be first-class even on Bali. Needless to say we'll be back....hopefully soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, Anguilla pros! We's love for you to spread the word about Viceroy Anguilla and promise to stay the same! We know you'll be back soon!
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our 2nd visit to Anguilla and we were really looking forward to comparing our stay at the Viceroy to Cap Juluca which is where we stayed on our last visit. We typically like high-end boutique resorts but figured we would try the Viceroy. Great decision. Rooms are fantastic, service wonderful, food tasty (and yes expensive). Nice beach service (not as nice as at Cap)....friendly warm staff. Beaches are wonderful but I do think the beach at Cap (Maundays Bay) is nicer. They had movie night by sunset lounge & managers cocktail hour. Great gym that my husband used everyday. Staff responsive to every request. I should let you know my husband was least impressed with the concierge service. Spoardic at best in terms of someone being at the desk. When you did find a concierge the service was just ok. So be advised. Valet service excellent. Cleanest towels ever, maid service wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are already planning our return visit to the Viceroy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We're overjoyed that you were happy with your decision to give Viceroy Anguilla a try - and even happier that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I'm not one who typically writes reviews unless I am blown away by something- that happened alot in Anguilla. The island itself is incredible- picturesque, isolated, top-notch restaurants, safe and completely friendly. However, the experience at the Viceroy put it over the top. From check-in to check-out we were treated like rock stars. Personally greeted by Richard (manager) and wished a happy anniversary, we knew we were in for a treat. After being upgraded to a beachfront villa, we were given a personal tour of the property and ended it with champagne and chocolates waiting for us in our room. The villas are out of this world- beautifully designed from the front door to the plunge pool. If you can stand to leave your room, be sure to try out all of the pools and beach. Service extends there, too. We were always greeted with towels, ice cold buckets of water and little surprise treats throughout the day. I cannot stress how great the staff was- there was never a time that we were not greeted by name and with a smile. It was with great hesitation that I originally booked the Viceroy over Cap Juluca, but after visiting this property, I could not have been happier with my decision. I would undoubtedly return and will look for other Viceroy properties in other areas that we travel!

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded...you never know.