We just returned from our second visit to the Viceroy for our family spring break. We travel with another family and in total there are 9 of us-4 adults and 5 kids (7,9,9,11,11). The Villas at the Viceroy are second to none. We have stayed in other on property villas, including the Nevis Four Seasons-and nothing compares to the Viceroys set-up. The Villas have two master suites up stairs and then two bedrooms on the first floor perfect for the kids-all with ensuite baths. The villas are appointed perfectly and upscale, yet beachy. All within the resort, not a golf cart away like some resorts...Best night sleep ever in the most comfortable beds with the waves crashing, I am still dreaming about it!!
We requested to have Jamel be our butler/personal assistant again…he is amazing and once again ensured our trip was seamless. He booked our dinner and golf reservations before we arrived and had our transportation and babysitting needs taken care of. He is outstanding with our kids and even taught the boys a thing or two on the basketball court! Really miss him and his dimples already!!
We had met Richard last year and he also was great about checking in on us and making sure everything was perfect.
The sports area is amazing for kids. Our boys spent every morning there while the adults worked out. They loved the basketball and the rock climbing wall. The tennis courts are also beautiful. If you have active kids, this complex really sets the Viceroy apart from any other resort we have been to.
Our girls loved Generation V-lots to do, crafts and hair braiding, was a great break from the sun in the afternoon.
We are all very fit and worked out every day including 3 days of bootcamp, which was great. We also used the gym on the other days and it was well appointed. The yoga on the beach looked great, but we are not yoga people.
The sunset lounge is amazing-great cocktails, amazing sushi and views that are unmatched.
The adult pool is right off the sunset lounge and has a great vibe with views that are breath-taking
The cabanas are fantastic-again, views, views, views….
One of the things we love about the resort is that it sits on Meads Bay so you can walk to many terrific restaurants, including Straw Hat and Blanchards Beach Shack-both outstanding.
We did go off campus a few times. Once to Shoal Bay, which is definitely worth the 20 min drive. The most beautiful beach with great restaurants and bars-great fun/great people.
We also golfed at the Cuisenart-Ron Johnson was great to chat with-he is in charge of the golf there. That is a quick 5 min drive and beautiful course.
Veya is a “DO NOT MISS” dining experience-did that on adult night and also loved Dolce Vita.
I could go on and on-but the thing we like the best about the Viceroy are the people. Not only do we love Jamel and think Richard is great-but others we have come to adore: Tamara and Marlene at the Bamboo pool, Jemaurah and Joanne at the sunset Lounge, Ladicia and Glenisha at the kids club, Dominque and Vernon in the gym (bootcamp) Tristan at the Rock Climbing, Kiran at the Cabanas and Harry and Glen the taxi drivers.
Last year Richard told us that if you are kind to the people on the island, they will treat you like a king/queen…I highly recommend that approach. The people are born and raised on the island and all have huge hearts…just don’t approach them with a city,” gotta have it now or I am going to start yelling” approach.
It is an amazing island with amazing people. I can’t recommend it enough. We have stayed at many 5 star+ resorts and rarely duplicate a trip-we are already booked for our third year in a row... I was sad as we were leaving and someone said to me-“hey, if you don’t leave, you can’t come back…!” That put a smile on my face knowing we will be back next year-already booked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla invites you to make yourself at home in 166 villas and resort accommodations, more than 80% of which overlook the breaking surf and blue horizons of two of Anguilla's 33 spectacular beaches. Relax in the seaside spa. Sample fresh cuisine with those you love, in a place where every sunset is theatrical. Immerse yourself in Anguilla's unique culture and stunning natural beauty as Four Seasons expertise takes the Caribbean to new levels of seaside luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel West End
- Four Seasons Resort And Residences Anguilla West End Village